Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk4 Ls 400 The Best Car Ever !

My old MK4 now lives out her retirement in sunny Spain although she has only just done 97K with full history.

We have not been over to our house for the last twelve months for several reasons. We arrived last week car full of dust in garage, turned the key and started first time and runs like a new car.. how good are these cars.

How often should cam belts be done and is it worth the expense considering the age. Only one fault she needs a interior light bulb but cant figure how to get the lense off without breaking it. Thanks guys.

Lewis, I can only agree with you about the mk4 LS 400 being the best car ever. I bought my mk.4 just over 3 years ago and I've never regretted it. I enjoy driving it more than any other car i've ever been in and that includes Mercs and a Porche. As to a cambelt change, it should be every 62,000 miles and most definitely after 10 years motoring. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, belt was done 25K miles ago in 2009. Started first time without charging the Battery, Battery was replaced 18 months ag0 with genuine lexus Battery. Belt every 4 years seems a little extreme to me. I have had Audi RS4`s and RS5`s done Porche 911 and Cayman R and S and is a better car to drive than all of them, wished they still made them.

................ you should be ok with the cambelt change 10 years / 100k miles whichever the sooner.

The same engines in the USA recommend 100k miles ........... and 10 years is quite norm .............. the belts themselves rarely snap below 150k miles in any event.

Malc