Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Change The Windscreen Washer Pump?

Hi All,

My IS300 Sportcross just went in for a major service and came out with a clean bill of health.... Except for the windscreen washer pump.

I thought the washer was a bit pathetic but assumed they were all like that!

As I have a complete spare Sportcross in my driveway (as you do...) it seems a sensible idea to rob the washer pump from that and save the £200 odd that Lexus want to charge to replace it.

So.... As there doesn't appear to be appear to be a Haynes Manual (of lies and inadequate information) available does anyone have a pdf of a service manual that contains info about windscreen washer pump replacement?

Or has anyone here done it and have a few tips? I don't even know what it looks like or where it's located! :)

Not done one myself but the pump is attached to the reservoir which is located on the passenger side between the front of the car and the the wheel arch plastic liner.

The wheel arch liner is normally attached with screws and clips so remove these and pull the liner back to expose the reservoir.

You may also find there are plastic covers under the reservoir held with 10mm bolts.

Once you access the reservoir the pump is a push fit into it the wirng loom should be fairly obvious with just 2 wires.

Remove the one off the donor car first, if you make a mistake and damage something you'll know what not to do when you do the job on the road car to avoid the problem.

• Like 1

Not yet.

Mine isn't too bad so it's not on my critical todo list :)

I checked it out on the donor car so I know where it is (easy when part of the wing is missing). Looks like it might be a bit of a git to change which I guess is why Lexus would charge over £100 for labour to do it.

Plan to have a go at it sometime in the next couple of weeks and I will photograph and describe steps just in case anyone else needs to have a go at it.

Watch this space!

Meantime, I had a sneaky look on the euro car parts website and a universal washer pump is a fiver, presumably the clue is in the title and it will fit an IS200. It looks like it could be a push fit job too, assuming you can access the bottle and it's an external pump not an internal one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links