Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Do And What Tools And Faults

I done a service today ,

Oil and filter , air , plugs ( including back, 3,)

3 litres of aft , I used comma ASW, (£50 for 6 litres ) used a big 10mm alun key,

Rear diff oil , (10mm Alan key) 80-90 comma oil used

Power steering fluid ( emptied old filled with Dexron 3 comma oil)

I didn't have a 24mm socket for the front transfure box so next service I'll get tha done ,

Have I missed anything out ,

I've still got p0420 and p0430 codes , but I fitted foolers on the back lambda sensors , hope to keep the light off , think the cats are below efficiency,

Next service I'm gonna do brakes all round and rear wheel bearings , front need to be pressed in so until I can buy or borrow a press ,

Your power steering reservoir says on it to use ATF fluid... Is there a reason you went to Dexron 3?

Credit to you for changing back plugs, do you have any tips you can share?

All I can think of is that brake fluid change (£5 a litre from Toyota dealer) and coolant flush (£20 for 20 litres concentrated from Mr T).

Thanks,

Chris.

I checked the coolant had 4 balls floating and it's nice and red but topped it up with some fresh red .

I've done poll on filter I had a Toyota Camry £4 much better quality than the Lexus one .

I used dexron 3 as dexron 2 is cheaper . Book say 2 or 3 so paid extra for 3 .

Clean maf ?

How do I do tha and is it located on the air box . Thanks guys .

Clean the MAF. Replace the pollen filter. Re-lubricate the brake slider pins (or at least check for correct movement).

Re: Slider pins. In my ignorance... is that something easy to do - can the wheels stay on?

That's wheel off unless you can work from behind the wheel but I'd say it's Easier to take wheels off I like to replace what I can while there pointless doing pads if discs need doing and bearings pads hope the shoes are good .

Good call on the MAF Sensor .

It looked like it was painted in Matt black paint . Cleaned it now it like brown blob .

Also found out the parcel shelf fits under the 2 trays that open in the boot . Result .

The large brown blob is the ambient air temperature sensor - this is less critical as any insulation (dirt) won't affect things too much.

The two wires inside the tube normal end up black too and they should be more silver once cleaned. Here the dirt acting an an insulator causes more problems because it slows down the responsiveness of the sensor against rapidly changing airflows.

Well I didn't see them they are well hidden inside . I'll have another go next time in under the hood . But that brown blob was dirty . But I did have my head lamp washer relay today so I have fixed another fault I had . I've also bought a heated seat switch panel . With a new cig lighter as mine was well used .

Narrow down y my seat don't work .

Also bought a bearing press and I've had 4 wheel bearings , back one are bolt on so that should be easy . £250 for parts

£75 for a press

Would you know any other special tools I might need and would you know the joint bolt size as I'll have to buy a socket to fit .

Thanks

Seen them today .very small space .

Now all cleaned .

I changed the heated seat switch today .

Still no joy .

Anyone know if the satnav can be updated .

Must be 2004 as most of the roads I travel on didn't exist