Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error Code 4 Update

NEILJ

Thought I would write a final update upon reinstalling my CD unit after having the error 4 code.

Well to briefly recap I had the code come up on the CD screen after I had disconnected the Battery for recharging and then reconnected.

I must have read every article I could find on the UK forum and American, there were many suggested ideas and fixes but none were successful so the next step was the unit had to come out. The CD unit removal proved to be quite difficult for me the seat heater switches centre wood panel etc came out fine but then you had to remove the Aircon control module to access the CD unit fixings behind. You can see from my previous post that a few members uploaded photos and advised me but there was no way it would budge so again back to the internet. I found a youtube video where a chap takes the CD unit out describing the tools used and videoing the removal which was very usefull but I didn’t like the thought of levering off the wood dash facia. He used a plastic trim removal tool so for starters I ordered a set from machine mart . I was nervous about causing damage like cracking the module or marking the wood facia but if I was to get this sorted there was no choice but to try. With the right trim removal tool and a folded duster on the woodwork I went for it and had to be a bit brutal but each side popped and to my relief without any damage to anything. The next stage was take the unit out and dismantle the door assembly to access the top cover. Many on the forum have managed to fix the unit themselves and I thought that something obvious might show up and could be easily fixed but when I removed the top cover it revealed an intricate and delicate mechanism and there was no way I was going to attempt anything. These units are so rare now in the UK and almost impossible to replace the only choice was to get an expert on the job so someone had Recommended Colin at Rushden car Audio.

I too can now recommend Colin as well, he kept us informed at all times, like when he had received the unit, the progress of the repairs etc. and came back to me with the price he had originally quoted. He guarantees the reapirs for three months but does his best to make sure it’s a proper job by bench testing the unit for a couple of days just to be sure all is OK so many thanks to Colin for his help.

Finally thanks to all who replied to my previous post for their help, photo’s and suggestions and I hope that these posts might be of some assistance to anyone encountering these error codes in future. I now have a fully functional car again at last.

Neil j

See trim removal tool kit I used the Lever number 4 in from the left.
Youtube video to watch

Lexus SC 430 2005-2010 Iphone, iPod, AUX and Bluetooth adapter installation

post-49056-0-80076000-1429646488_thumb.j

reading this has got me worried as I disconnect the Battery frequently ie every time I leave the car for more than 2 days .Thankfully no error 4 codes have come up.

Thanks for posting this Neil but I hope I never have to use it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links