Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removal Of Radio

Hi John,

Pull off the wooden gear stick shroud, its on four clips and pulls up and off quite easily (it's easier to do it with it in "Drive")

Next, pull forward on the bank of switches (the black panel below the radio) be careful not to mark the leather.

With that panel removed look under the radio, you'll see four 10mm bolts. Undo them and the radio will pull out forwards.

I can't stress enough, be very careful as the leather is easilly damaged.

If you have any problems with the above or require wire colours, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Regards,

DUNCAN.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Duncan:

Great info on the rx300 radio. Have you done any special work on your rx already? i'd love to hear how you did it.

By the way, i'm from the us and i've got a 2002 rx300. Been looking to add a mp3 changer (rf modulated) to my rx for some time. Finally bought the changer yesterday and am attempting to install it even as i type this.

I've having trouble removing the glove compartment since i want to bring the changer's data/pwr cable from the rear right side of the car towards the front passenger side, in behind the glove compartment, and then to the back of the radio where i'll connect the antenna adapter, and hopefully find the constant 12v, ignition 12v, and ground.

That brings me to my next question: would you know where i'll be able to find all three wires for the control module of the changer? i need the 2 12v leads, and a ground.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

ok, i've managed to remove the center console and the glove compartment. Upon seeing the back of the oem radio, i was unable to find the antenna plug!! omg, where is it??

i really hope it's not all the way towards the back of the car with the power antenna, that would really put a damper on my install plans. :(

help help!! :crying:

Finally opened up the center console and pulled out the radio. All cables and connections are done except the ignition and the constant 12v. Still wondering which color wire they might be. :(

btw, i found tons of available space behind the center console pod, so i hid the rf modulator out of sight and out of worries. :)

anyone has experience with a late model rx300? still need to know where to connect the pwr wires. I'm thinking of using the cigarette lighter wire as the ignition pwr, but i'm not sure which of the two wires is the pwr. There's a black/white wire and a pink solid wire going into the light module. Could the pink one be the ignition 12v i need?

Finally opened up the center console and pulled out the radio. All cables and connections are done except the ignition and the constant 12v. Still wondering which color wire they might be. :(

btw, i found tons of available space behind the center console pod, so i hid the rf modulator out of sight and out of worries. :)

anyone has experience with a late model rx300? still need to know where to connect the pwr wires. I'm thinking of using the cigarette lighter wire as the ignition pwr, but i'm not sure which of the two wires is the pwr. There's a black/white wire and a pink solid wire going into the light module. Could the pink one be the ignition 12v i need?

You have a PM, Maruzo. :)

Hi

What type of cd changer are you installing. PS have a problem a while now with right side speaker, do you know what I could do to fix it, no sound from it or tweeter on right side.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links