Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 First Drive Car Dies...

Jack-GS

Got my GS300 last friday and waited till today to get it on the road ( payday )

Test drove it before bought it and it was fine

Drove it home 10 miles and it was fine

Today i took it our for a decent drive, naturally this started at macdonalds

Goy maybe 6/7 miles from home and it started running lumpy and no power which then got worse and worse

Pulled over and gave it a check over all seemed fine, turned back on and it was still rough

Got tool kit out and took the 4 plugs out i could get to and triee each one for a spark etc all fine

Kept looking

Startee it again and wouldnt start

Called aa and he had a look

Chucked some fuel in and still no luck ( just incase)

He banged the tank as i started it and it fired up but ran rough

Any ideas?

Origional thoughts were plugs/leads etc

But now leaning towards fuel pump

Did many tests yesterday and got to down to cylinder three

Injector is working so its spark related

Going to change plugs and leads today and whip tb off to have a look

Spl mate pentagon island

Changed leads

They messed up coils so had to reorder ..should get them tomorrow,

Will let you know how i get on,

Swapped coils over from 3/4 to 1/2 and its still doing it but the one thats potentialy faulty is easy to access

Now when u pull plug one nothing changes... Where as before the engine stutted more

So hopefullt a new coil on there should sort it

Fingers crossed

If not im gonna have to starr stripping loom looking for faults and consider it being the ecu

never heard of spl [but I know where Vauxhall are}will have a look on web. still if they messed up your parts might not be a good idea!

thought there would be more people on here giving you help but its a bit quiet.

Na

No lights at all on the dash :/

I left a sensor off by accident and vsc and vsc off and eml came on but webt out when connected sensor back on

Ran 4 different code readers but non would connect to it

Pre-facelift cars (2000) don't fully comply with odb2 so won't work on the readers.

A shorting wire and counting flashes of the warning lights is the cheap DIY solution.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

nope still not sorted and still no closer to solving it either :/

swapped the coils round etc and still does the same,

keep taking tb off and looking about etc moved stuff around and put it back together and it ran smooth on idle and at low rpm occasionaly missed but then missed a fair bit when start putting some power thru it,

when its idling fine if you remove inj wire 3, it starts to miss exactly as it was before, and when its miss fireing, removing inj 3 plug makes no change at all so thinking its an injector fault or something fuel related

put some fuel injector cleaner in it, as it cant make it any worse haha, but I cant really drive it to get it to run thru because it miss fires badly again, whole car shakes when you drive it now :/ had it two weeks and iv driven it 10 miles haha 5 off which have been missfireing, great start to GS ownership !

hmm im all out of ideas tbh gonna get a mate to have a look next week see what he can come up with, damn car needs to be killed with fire me thinks

• 2 weeks later...

My 96 GS300 had a similar problem which turned out to be the throttle position sensor. Can't remember where I found the info, but there were instructions on how to check the tips is working correctly. Might be worth doing a search on the forums or on the web if you're still suffering the problem. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links