Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1St Lexus

AmbroseJohn

Hi

I'm John from Blackpool, Lancashire.

I joined the forum a while ago but I've only just got around to buying one.

I pick up my 2008 GS450h SE L tomorrow.

I'm changing from an E39 BMW 525i. I joined a BMW forum when I bought it and those guys have been amazing. If I get half the info from here that I got there, I'll be well pleased.

Hi

I'm changing from an E39 BMW 525i. I joined a BMW forum when I bought it and those guys have been amazing. If I get half the info from here that I got there, I'll be well pleased.

Morning John and a warm welcome.

Why change from the BM?

Why choose the 450h?

Did you buy privately or from an Independant Seller or from an authorised Lexus Dealer?

Does it have a full service history, Lexus or otherwise?

Sorry about the questions, but the answers may help us to help you more than we might otherwise.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Hi

Why change from the BM?

Why choose the 450h?

Did you buy privately or from an Independant Seller or from an authorised Lexus Dealer?

Sorry about the questions, but the answers may help us to help you more than we might otherwise.

Regards

John

Other than Chevrolet, Canon and Burnley Football Club, I've never suffered from brand loyalty, hence the change. I bought it from a small car dealer in Warrington and it has 80,000 miles, with full Lexus service history.

The 450h was just one on a list of possibilities, which included Jaguar XF, Mercedes CLS, VW Phaeton etc.

Hi

Why change from the BM?

Why choose the 450h?

Regards

John

Other than Chevrolet, Canon and Burnley Football Club, I've never suffered from brand loyalty, hence the change. I bought it from a small car dealer in Warrington and it has 80,000 miles, with full Lexus service history.

The 450h was just one on a list of possibilities, which included Jaguar XF, Mercedes CLS, VW Phaeton etc.

Thanks John. I`ve never forgiven Burnley for "robbing" Wolves of the Double in 1960!

I think that you should try to obtain an official Lexus warranty if you can, as repairs (if/when, they are needed) can be costly. If you cannot obtain one, then The Sale of Goods Act however, should provide an initial 6 months warrnaty from the Seller, should you need it.

The power deliver is impressive and seamless, but not as involving as the BMW. There is however an initial air of detachment between Car and Driver, but this is subsumed by silence and serenity.

Look up/ search, 450h problems on this forum, if you have not done so as it will provide useful background information and advice.

Enjoy the Concorde !!

Regards

John

• Like 1