Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

V8 Conversion Is200 1999 Model

Bayrock

Are there any difficulties making this change of engine?

Nuh, just p/x it for an is300...much better idea.

There loads of difficulties, it's a huge undertaking. It has been done successfully a few times now but you're not gonna do this over the weekend on your driveway lol.

Nah I did think I would put it in the garage to do it.....Don't mind difficulties as long as none of them mean the 'firewall' doesn't have to be altered, or inner guards. It looks to me that the 4.3 V8 fits without modification to the body work? I understand that the V8 doesn't weight anymore than the std motor. 2 Litre 6. So that is hella of atractive upgrade....... To give it 270Hp and 434NM torque the bugger would go......Throttle responce...... is also a huge motivation for me. I'm sick......... of throtle lag.........

Nuh, just p/x it for an is300...much better idea.

If I am going to do it. I want it to go like hell. The V8 weighs same as the 2 litre 6 in there now? and the body work doesn't have to altered.

Just buy an ISF. Would probably work out cheaper in the long run.

Mmmm do agree on one hand for sure. However enjoy the job. Plus the numbers do work. Here a ISF is a good 40k. Have to check again maybe could get one for 26k. I bought this thing for $4,500.... can get the V8 for between $1,800 to $4,900 complete front cut. All of them include ECU, MAF and Loom. So the numbers will work. Don't know about resale. Might get money back but not worried bout that. Would like to do a targa.