Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think its over kill, doing up alloys is one thing but this is a totally different ball game and it will not increase its resale value, more likely reduce it.

But whatever works for the owner., I am also against people going mental with carbon wraps, I think there is a line that can be crossed when it comes to car mods.

But whatever works for the owner., I am also against people going mental with carbon wraps, I think there is a line that can be crossed when it comes to car mods.

Fair enough that's your opinion. Each to their own. It would be funny though if one day in one of your pics I spot a mod that completely contradicts this view of yours :) i'll be watching like a hawk lol :)

it will not increase its resale value, more likely reduce it.

i'll re-quote my post above in response to this:

Considering he's been around since 2007 and owned his lexus since then, i doubt he cares about the value of the car. It's probably working well for him and his just refreshing it with the skills he has. Afterall, if its going to de-value, might as well see it through to the end. Worst case sceneario, he could put it back to stock and sell all mod parts on to make extra money. I've seen those LED headlights sell for over £700 for the pair a few times on ebay, so the demand is there. He could probably get a stock bumper and put it all back together and make a good amount of money on the 3IS bumper if he wanted to sell it on.

there will be no more mods on my car, i am mulling over buying a isf next year.

Fair enough dont get carried away modding the ISF, I'll be watching lol.

On a personal note, i still have my 2006 is250 and bought my isf last year. I still use the is250 and would rather hold on to it till its last days rather than sell it after that many years or ownership. Plus it serves well isnt bad on mpg.not great but not bad

You can say its OEM all you like, its not! It looks completely different and I dont think it suits the car very well. The front is way too aggressive for that body

You can say its OEM all you like, its not! It looks completely different and I dont think it suits the car very well. The front is way too aggressive for that body

That's your view mate. I agree with Andy and think it does look OEM. Besides, the 3is is a reworked 2is. The 2is was complete new design but the 3is isnt. So it shares alot of similarity. to say it doesnt suit you're talking nonsense and thats your opinion. They've reworked it with a flick on the side skirts and rear door and changed the design of rear quarter panel to accomadate the flick from the rear bumper.

You come up with all these claims and Andy responds to all and you comeback with a reply almost as good as saying "whatever, you're wrong coz i said so" . For what reason? "Coz i said so, I'm mr right and my I'm telling you it doesnt look OEM"

That's your view mate. I agree with Andy and think it does look OEM. Besides, the 3is is a reworked 2is. The 2is was complete new design but the 3is isnt. So it shares alot of similarity. to say it doesnt suit you're talking nonsense and thats your opinion. They've reworked it with a flick on the side skirts and rear door and changed the design of rear quarter panel to accomadate the flick from the rear bumper.

You come up with all these claims and Andy responds to all and you comeback with a reply almost as good as saying "whatever, you're wrong coz i said so" . For what reason? "Coz i said so, I'm mr right and my I'm telling you it doesnt look OEM"

Well i disagree with you and I dont think it looks OEM. It looks like a replica 3rd gen bodykit has been added to the front. Also, if you read my post you'd see that I said "I dont think" which you'd realise is a phrase used when people express OPINIONS, or do I have to explain that to you too?

And FYI, during the press release back in 2013 at Detroit, Lexus explained that the 3rd Generation IS is all new and completely redesigned. It is not a 2nd Generation IS with added bits.

The chassis was completely re-engineered, elongated, the suspension setup was taken from the GS and the chassis now incorporates laser screw welding and adhesive bonding. I can also remember reading during the press release that the 3rd Gen IS chassis is a scaled down version of the GS and bares no resemblance to the 2nd gen IS. None of the body panels on the 3rd gen IS are the same as on a 2nd Gen IS. In summary, I dont know where you've been getting your information from but its not very accurate, I suggest you spend more time researching before posting.

As for your comment on me "talking nonsense". Who are you to say that? Its not nonsense if I don't think it suits the car - unable to distinguish between opinions and facts? Are you trying to deny that my opinion is different to yours?

Oh come on guys act like grown ups and agree to disagree, each to their own. Otherwise we'll have to create a new thread just to have this kind of talk. Hardly the correct place.

Rayaan, I do however feel I have to reply to this comment you made in response to james250's message

if you read my post you'd see that I said "I dont think" which you'd realise is a phrase used when people express OPINIONS, or do I have to explain that to you too?

james250 quoted you on the following comment of yours.

Your OPINION came after your statement. You stated "You can say its OEM all you like, its not!" (exclamation mark) You're not suggesting that i'm wrong and you're right, instead you're saying that I can believe whatever I like but i'm wrong (ended with an explamation mark). That is a very arrogant use of words in my OPINION and hence I understand why james250 could have got cheesed off with such comments.

I think we need to stop all the grumpy attitudes and not bombard the forum with all this rubbish.

the comment above is correct IMO,. It simply looks out of place on that age Lexus, period.

Agree to disagree.

Only last month didn't you quote this: (Now that's what I call "looks out of place" and bling bling, LMAO :hehe: ). - source

I like these, any opinions?

20150412_193542.jpg

Oh and another quote: - source

these are OEM Honda 2SK tips, quite substantial compared to what was on before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18ff49tlc0talkf/20140812_191412.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jos8cg7ovnigcdw/20140812_191420.jpg

Haha, honda parts on a Lexus LOL, OMG now that's taking it to another level.

Oh come on guys act like grown ups and agree to disagree, each to their own. Otherwise we'll have to create a new thread just to have this kind of talk. Hardly the correct place.

Rayaan, I do however feel I have to reply to this comment you made in response to james250's message

if you read my post you'd see that I said "I dont think" which you'd realise is a phrase used when people express OPINIONS, or do I have to explain that to you too?

james250 quoted you on the following comment of yours.

Your OPINION came after your statement. You stated "You can say its OEM all you like, its not!" (exclamation mark) You're not suggesting that i'm wrong and you're right, instead you're saying that I can believe whatever I like but i'm wrong (ended with an explamation mark). That is a very arrogant use of words in my OPINION and hence I understand why james250 could have got cheesed off with such comments.

I think we need to stop all the grumpy attitudes and not bombard the forum with all this rubbish.

What I mean is it may look like OEM but at the end of the day, any Lexus fan will know it's not OEM

I am also against people going mental with carbon wraps, I think there is a line that can be crossed when it comes to car mods.

LOL at your quote below from following post of yours, did you say carbon wrap? OMG but you're against that arnt you? :hehe:

Alright guys,

So in the process of taking off my sat nav unit the sides of the gear stick are all scratched, i have this removed and would like to carbon wrap it or i could buy a new one i don't think it would be too dear.

any thoughts, i have not carbon wrapped before.

the part i am on about is the bit the gear gaiter is attached to the 2 silver things are in a bad state/.!

cheers,!

Lexus is, you really act like a child. Can't believe you own an isf with your comments.

FYI , I never used carbon wrap, never got them alloys after I stopped drinking Belgian beer I came to my senses. The Honda s2k tail pipe tips are nice. Nothing wrong with them.

this thread is turning into a farce, I just got mtec discs and ebc pads, is that going to be against me too..?! That bumper conversion is over the top, I think that's the general consensus here.

FYI , I never used carbon wrap, never got them alloys after I stopped drinking Belgian beer I came to my senses. The Honda s2k tail pipe tips are nice. Nothing wrong with them.

You may not have done the wrap or got the alloys but for someone who dislikes it, to even think about is a contradiction of all your claims. Honda tailpipes, is still another tailpipe from another car, the lexus bumper recess for the tips is rounded, the tailpipe you got is oval shape so i dont like. It's and overkill :hehe: Oh and you've got an F-Sport branded gear lever, and F-Sport aluminium pedals why not put F-Sport badges on the outside too? no amount of badges or F-Sport upgrades will make it an F-Sport, it's still just a 2008 SE-L

That bumper conversion is over the top, I think that's the general consensus

general consensus? haha you're having a laugh right? just because you, rayaan and F.A dont like, there are far more posts here that say they like it than dislike it so where on earth you getting general consensus from? And have a look across the pond and you'll see all clublexus owners like it on very similar builds. Should I share the links?

A f sport is basically the same as a se l anyway, put uprated springs on se l and you have a f sport. It's not like the engine is different.

Show me links of people who have put a full 2014 bumper onto a gen 2 lexus out of interest. There is quite a difference between doing things like brake pedals and the like and going all out and putting on a custom bumper that needs to be moulded into shape to fit, it won't be easy to sell it on as no one will want it. Putting on coil overs is what I would do not this.

F sport is a trim level, as in minor modifications, like pedals and different bumpers. The core of the car is the same. You can easily go all out and convert a se l into a f sport and keep all the goodies that come with your car but I don't think it's worth it.

I would rather just buy a different car that's why I am eying out a isf. Some people go crazy on mods and the money could be better spent towards a new motor.

Show me links of people who have put a full 2014 bumper onto a gen 2 lexus out of interest.

Here you go, on the first link on page 4 post number #55 you'll find a UK guy very desperate to get a custom bumper made by one of those members and have it shipped from across the pond. What does that tell you? that people damn well like it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/737160-just-another-2014-fsport-front-bumper-face-lift.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/707574-just-bought-parts-for-the-2014-fsport-front-end-mod.html

From what I know, a clublexus member that first did it is RVCAIS250, have a look at his instagram @rvcasebastian you will find he has lots of like. In particular have a look at the following instagram post of his 3is conversion, it has 171 likes.

https://instagram.com/p/cAaT2cDVv9/?taken-by=rvcasebastian

You'll always have some haters and dislikers but that doesnt mean that's the general consensus, far from it.

Oh and not to forget ahmed24's post on clublexus too (which FYI also has likes) http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/782972-2014-3is-f-sport-bumper-conversion.html

I have changed the front grille on mine - not put on any part of a grille that was related to any other model on it but "modded" a grille I bought from the states as I did not like the existing grille on the car and I am very happy with the result..

I think it now looks better than the original but that's just my opinion - If someone else didn't like it then that would not worry me as I have done it for myself. Its still a Lexus and nothing will hide that fact. In sharing pictures of the work people have done on a car will not please everyone but will show a level of commitment and understanding of the owner doing it.

Its these owners on a site like this that can give valuable help / insight and advice for problems faced by the owners due to the work they have done on their cars - Members have helped me out on occasions where I have wondered what the next step would be and the site has a good base of information.

Well done Ahmed - keep us posted with the progress.

I have had the exhaust changed over to a stainless one - non OEM through necessity as I was not going to pay the cost of having an OEM one but it mirrors the original one. I would like a set of non OEM wheels and am looking for the right ones but I will put on, up to a point, the ones I like. It does not make it less of the car it is.

I guess its what you want to do to your car - personally I think he's done a really good job on the bumper and if he's happy with it then that's all that matters.

post-35349-0-38769900-1431104904_thumb.j

It's common courtesy, even if something doesn't appeal to you there is no need to be unpleasant about it. I haven't read this thread in its entirety but there's too much negativity coming from some of you.

Yes it is an open forum and you all are entitled to your own opinions but be nice people. Be nice. It's not what you say. It's the way you say it. It's all about euphemism.

Anyhow, lets try and get back on topic. I am keen to see the finished product. :flowers:

• Like 2

like to dislike or agree to disagree.. i mean we should be here praising this fella for such a brave project and pulling it off.. i have seen his other projects and admire his work.

weather its IS front stuck to a GS back.. or simply a bumper change.. its his money and his work and his time and his passion. i just cant wait for the finished article.. and if there are any meet ups.. i want to meet this guy (stay away from my car though.. lol)

Anyhow, lets try and get back on topic.

+1 to that :)

I just want to know one thing... How the heck does your misses allow you to work in the house :wacko:

Don't ask, LOL. she does not like the mess but I do tidy up afterwards (mostly :))

***UPDATE***

I've had a busy week so have not got round to doing much. Hoping to have a more productive week this week. I've almost finished the custom LED fog light and pictures are below. I'm going to build the LED driver to drive the LED's each at 3W.

Here are some recent update pics:

026_zpsuekiqiwq.jpg

028_zpslpn4yiwn.jpg

029_zpscu4s984j.jpg

20150511_220103_zpsocyp143w.jpg

20150509_2015393_zps1xr4wg5k.jpg

032_zpskl0w4bzw.jpg

IMG_1920_zpseitjob0k.jpg

IMG_1918_zpswy5u20yu.jpg

Fair play, whether or not other people like it, you do it for yourself and your tastes. Its an individual thing otherwise we're all be sheep and my personal Opinion I like it.

Have you had to modify the air intake at all?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links