Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have you had to modify the air intake at all?

No I've not had to modify the intake at all. The intake still lines up behind the grille as it originally does. Only modifications is that I've adapted the Parking Sensors to fit from the rear like the new style ones.

I dont get all the mods, with all the money you are throwing at it you could well buy a real is-f or even an is350 import.

Oh god not your negative comments again. You're just going round in circles and repeating yourself. We get the message, you dont like it. How many more ways do you want to repeat yourself?

And all this talk of money by the guy who would rather waste money buying a £100 dash cam as apposed to a £10 dash cam. Ok quality might be superior but for god sake its still good enough for evidence and your not watching blueray movie. Who wants blueray quality cctv dash cam? You could get through 10 cheap ones for the price of one. Now that i call wasting money. But hey its your money, do what you like. Just like it's his money let him do what he likes.

you are obsessed with following my posts it seems, you are the most unlikeliest of ISF owners i have come across.

IMO he is ruining that lexus but if it makes him happy well and good.

I dont get all the mods, with all the money you are throwing at it you could well buy a real is-f or even an is350 import.

but each to their own.

That's your view buddy and not a view I share. I'm not after an IS-F or an IS350. If i was, I would have bought one. I'm not modding my IS250 because I want it to look like an IS-F, if that was the case I would have got the full IS-F bodykit. I liked the rear-end of the IS-F when it came out and that's when and why I only did the rear-end conversion back then. I've owned my IS250 since it was 12 months old, I am happy with it and have been spending money on it gradually, nothing that kills the bank. I also have a 2013 RX450h.

I mod for my own pleasure, not for resale value. A car is always depreciating, unless it's a classic or antique. I didn't buy it back in 2007 with the thought of selling it in mind. The pleasure and satisfaction of the comments I get on the road wherever I go is way worth the effort and money. For me modding is not only creating something to my own taste but also a huge learning platform. I cannot emphasize enough how much knowledge i've gained from modding. This in itself is invaluable and only experience can make you better at what you do (practice makes perfect). I haven't just been modding my Lexus, past few years i've been busy working with "RenaultSport" cars and have been selling a custom made product by me to customers worldwide (mainly Australia, Singapore, Spain, France, Malaysia and UK) Through this I made a profit in the region of £35,000 in a span of 8 months. I see that as an achievement and would not have been possible without the continuous trial and errors of modding.

Furthermore, I've also been approached by "Internet Brands, Inc." (The company that runs ClubLexus) to write how-to articles on my mods for a new how-to platform they are launching. This is something i have done and been paid for each article. Being asked to write paid articles for Internet Brands was a pleasure and gave me great satisfaction. This achievement is invaluable to me and was through all the exposure I got through my published mods.

• Like 3

but each to their own.

That's your view buddy and not a view I share. I'm not after an IS-F or an IS350. If i was, I would have bought one. I'm not modding my IS250 because I want it to look like an IS-F, if that was the case I would have got the full IS-F bodykit. I liked the rear-end of the IS-F when it came out and that's when and why I only did the rear-end conversion back then. I've owned my IS250 since it was 12 months old, I am happy with it and have been spending money on it gradually, nothing that kills the bank. I also have a 2013 RX450h.

I mod for my own pleasure, not for resale value. A car is always depreciating, unless it's a classic or antique. I didn't buy it back in 2007 with the thought of selling it in mind. The pleasure and satisfaction of the comments I get on the road wherever I go is way worth the effort and money. For me modding is not only creating something to my own taste but also a huge learning platform. I cannot emphasize enough how much knowledge i've gained from modding. This in itself is invaluable and only experience can make you better at what you do (practice makes perfect). I haven't just been modding my Lexus, past few years i've been busy working with "RenaultSport" cars and have been selling a custom made product by me to customers worldwide (mainly Australia, Singapore, Spain, France, Malaysia and UK) Through this I made a profit in the region of £35,000 in a span of 8 months. I see that as an achievement and would not have been possible without the continuous trial and errors of modding.

Well said my friend

Some people really need to get a grip. Ahmed24 is spot on. He is modding his car because he wants to and if he can add features to his car that he likes then hats off to him. I've been following his posts for a very long time and all his mods are in no way OTT. It takes a lot of skill to do what he is doing and I respect him for that. He wants to make his car unique to his taste so people need to respect that. As he said if he wanted an ISF or the new IS250/300h he would buy one.

Some people really need to get a grip. Ahmed24 is spot on. He is modding his car because he wants to and if he can add features to his car that he likes then hats off to him. I've been following his posts for a very long time and all his mods are in no way OTT. It takes a lot of skill to do what he is doing and I respect him for that. He wants to make his car unique to his taste so people need to respect that. As he said if he wanted an ISF or the new IS250/300h he would buy one.

Thanks Arqum, well said.

No update yet, very busy week at work. Got some time this coming weekend, so hopefully if all goes to plan, should be done by then :)

To be fair an ISF is a different animal to a is250, not everyone can get an F just like that. I'm sure loads of 250 owners would like a F..me included.

Probably true... but I wouldn't. I do almost 25k (edited, made typo which read 35k lol) miles per year. I alternate between the IS250 and the RX450h, the economy of the RX is better than the IS but then when time comes to change my IS, it will most probably be for the 300h. Right now my IS250 is working well for me, and considering how much cars depreciate, the longer it goes for the more worth it, it becomes.

Edited by ahmed24

I want a F, I find the 250 too slow, but maybe that's just me. No amount of mods I could put onto the car would make it go any faster.! but it's still a very good car in its own right.

I want a F, I find the 250 too slow, but maybe that's just me. No amount of mods I could put onto the car would make it go any faster.! but it's still a very good car in its own right.

I would have probably bought an IS350 if they were more commonly available here just to give that extra bit of power, that being said the IS250 goes ok and is a fairly decent all round compromise for what it is. It's certainly not the fastest thing in the world but it's still quickish.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of buying a premium IS300h but love the front grill of the F-Sport, would it be easy to change the premium front grille for the F-Sport one? And also, where the hell would I get the grille?  Looked all over the place for it but can not find it anywhere online.  Ideally I'm costing up modding a premium to the look of the F-Sport.  Wheels will obviously be the most expensive part but the Grille is very striking too, if I could find one.

10 hours ago, Dave748 said:

I'm thinking of buying a premium IS300h but love the front grill of the F-Sport, would it be easy to change the premium front grille for the F-Sport one? And also, where the hell would I get the grille?  Looked all over the place for it but can not find it anywhere online.  Ideally I'm costing up modding a premium to the look of the F-Sport.  Wheels will obviously be the most expensive part but the Grille is very striking too, if I could find one.

I'm afraid it is not as simple as just swapping out the Grille. The bumper is completely different between the two variants. The F-Sport bumper is a complete different bumper to the non-Fsport bumper. The regular bumper uses a one piece grille. The F-Sport grille on the other hand comes as two separate pieces. If you have a look at a picture of a F Sport and a non-Fsport, you will notice the difference. One of the most obvious one being the brake Air Scoops on the lower part of the grille.

On 1/28/2016 at 10:27 PM, Dave748 said:

Hi you can get the grill direct from Lexus but not cheap, I got a quote for the top grill £126 Grill molding £75 & the lexus emblem £135 & forgot to ask about the bottom grill & as Ahmed24 said fsport is very different to the standard version, I bought the fsport one from eBay for 125 now waiting to get time to start the project.

On 1/1/2016 at 11:00 PM, ahmed24 said:

Sorry guys, been very busy haven't had time to update with photos. Happy new year to all and here are some pics of the completed project.

026_zpshdtmbogq.jpg

028_zps0nb6que0.jpg

027_zpsn77rkyep.jpg

030_zpszk92skoz.jpg

031_zpssuurnaqt.jpg

034_zps17qpfu4y.jpg

036_zpskgnzcffk.jpg

037_zpsf5hmeeyv.jpg

038_zpsjrpqfq2j.jpg

Ahmed24 how comes the part by the inner headlamp & bonnet has a gap or is that how it is. Iv seen some that are flush.

thanks

Maybe when it's all finished you should take a fibreglass moulding of it in case someone else wants a copy.

I did a similar thing years ago when I was modding my rover coupe turbo and wanted to fit a large front mount Intercooler properly.

i basically chopped and filled the original bumper until everything fitted perfect then got my mate to make a perfect fibreglass copy from it.

by the time it was sprayed, it looked like it could have come from the factory.

its a labour of love and well done for putting n the effort.

carl

11 hours ago, BRU1Z3R said:

Ahmed24 how comes the part by the inner headlamp & bonnet has a gap or is that how it is. Iv seen some that are flush.

thanks

Weather has been terrible and i've been lazy to fit the foam spacer behind it. It's the spacer that sits on the headlight unit itself. This pushes the top out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links