Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone

This is my first post here. I'll get around to some proper intorductions when i've taken some photos of my new 1999 GS300, but I'm planning a long trip with it soon and need some quick advice!

The car was fitted with winter tyres when I bought it a couple of months ago, and was the definition of 'whisper quiet'. I've now put the 4 summer tyres (also came with the car) back on the standard 17in wheels and is feels like i'm driving inside a drum now! I've had a quick look around the interweb, but most views on what replacement tyres to go for seems a few years old now, so I wondered what tyres you have on your car if you think they're very quiet?

Thanks

Rich

Yeah, my GS430 Sport is whisper quiet with the set of winter wheels on too. Not found any summers that are anywhere near as quiet, so I just liev with it and don't notice it again after a few weeks.

Hi Rich and welcome to the LOC and the Lexus experience. Please don't tell too many people as when it comes to replacing our cars there wont be any for us to buy.

I have an LS400 and I use Falkens on her and they are very quiet of course alot depends on the awful roads we have to put up with in this country. Mike.

Richie,

Michelin P are both quiet and long lasting (assuming you are not a budding F1 Driver). I have had them on my E Class Estate for years.

I have Kumho on the GS450H and they are quiet too.

It is the road surface which causes most of the noise.

Regards

John

Thanks John

The roads around here are awful! My winter tyres were much quieter though, and they were a budget brand! The only real diffenrece I can see is that the winter tyres were 94 and the summer tyres are 97 extra load.

Rich

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links