Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Camera Notification On Nx300 Sat Nav

Picked up my NX300h premier and was told that it was possible to include speed camera notification warning on the sat nav system.

Anyone know how to set this up?

You shouldn't have to do anything it will beep twice when you go past fixed camera points.

Correct, it's factory set and can't be turned off (on the the IS anyway). Mine double beeps about a quarter of a mile before the camera, not as I go past. That would be a tad late!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Thanks for the replay Eamonn but no beeps from my sat nav. At least I know it is possible. I will have another search for a setting.

You shouldn't have to do anything it will beep twice when you go past fixed camera points.

Correct, it's factory set and can't be turned off (on the the IS anyway). Mine double beeps about a quarter of a mile before the camera, not as I go past. That would be a tad late!

I traded in a CT for the NX the CT bleeped but no bleeping from the NX

I traded in a CT for the NX the CT bleeped but no bleeping from the NX

That's interesting. Do the camera icons appear on the sat nav map?

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 3 years later...

I have just got my 2nd NX and have not yet heard the bleeps for camera alert that was very clear and helpful on the first (2016) NX.

Have been to the Lexus garage this afternoon and they say that they have increased the volume of the bleeps so have yet to test.

If anyone can guide me through the settings to check for myself I would be very happy to see for myself

ATL Plymouth

• 4 months later...

The important part says: "Now got the double 'gong' when approaching the map's known speed/safety cameras.  The sound was set to off, I assume default.  Not an obvious setting though....in settings, select General, Selection Sound."

I tried this on my NX300h, bought 10 days ago. I now get the double-bong warning around 400 yards ahead of the camera, although it is quite a soft sound and will probably be obscured by any music, etc. playing.

I too recently bought a NX300h and have been grappling with the in-built speed camera alerting. Like others I get the camera icon on the sat nav screen when approaching a camera but the "bong" is pretty much non-existent, especially when it's competing against road noise or audio coming from the sound system. In the end, I admitted defeat and instead researched other methods for alerting.

To this end, I discovered an Android smartphone application provided by TomTom that uses the phone's GPS location services to emit a warning (either via a simple beep or a more descriptive verbal alert) when approaching a camera. Details can be found in the Google Play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.speedcams.android.map&hl=en_GB. I'm unsure whether there is an iTunes version of it for apple users.

I have been using it for about a week now and have been impressed with it's accuracy and reliability. The warnings can be configured to arrive via the phone's Bluetooth connection to the car, so can be played through the car's speakers. Even when playing audio at the same time, the warnings can be heard clearly. The App can be set to auto-start when a Bluetooth connection to the car is made. It has the option to display as a small widget which can be overlaid on other running apps such as Google Maps; etc. It also offers traffic alerts but I have yet to try that part out.

Andy,

Assume you have your phone nav in parallel with your NX System yet it does not conflict.

iTunes have Radarbot Speed Cam which is said to work with my phone but is clearly not stand alone so would effectively be in competition with my Nav !

Whats the cheapest Android money can buy ?

I jest !

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links