Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Felt Pad

Colin P

Hi,

I've looked at the workshop on removing and installing a dash tray but I cant figure out how to remove the felt tray/pad above the air vents. I've lifted the pad up and can see a screw/plug either side but i cant figure out how to actually release these? i'll go and try again but its annoying me already!

I'm taking it off because i need to get a different cover for it as the previous owner stuck something there and the glue wont come off so i'm going to recover it hopefully.

Suppose i'll just buy a dash tray if it looks crap. ;)

Thanks and hope you all had a good christmas!

It's ****** it down!

if the felt pad doesnt just flick up when you lift the front of it, the pad is screwed down from the underside, you will have to remove the dash tray to access the screws. - you have 2 options to remove the tray -

1. grab the sides of the tray as hard as you can and pull - it just held in with push clips

2. get a CLEAN putty knife and insert it where the tray meets the heater controls and push down on the knife and the tray will just pop up ( this is what i do)

but dont blame me if you scratch/mark your heater controls! be careful

EDIT: when using the putty knife start off in the centre of the tray and then go to either side as there a few clips on the edges also and the tray will then just come loose.

when i tried earlier i was putting a knife under the felt tray and then pushing down on the knife and the pad did lift a little but in the end the knife snapped and now that is stuck under the felt pad thing! When I had teh knife under it you could see two plastic things that go into the dashboard presumably holding the tray in place but i didnt know if there was a specific way to release these?

I'll try again tomorrow cuz its dark outside now so i'd probably end up scratching something or breaking something else!

haha yea thanks. I was just expecting the felt pad to come off, i didnt realise that whole section came out then you had to unscrew it. Now i've done it what i've been reading makes sense! Everyone is so helpful!

Cheers guys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links