Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm A Complete Plonker...

djanderso

Putting some stuff in the attic tonight, guess what happens....

... I tripped on one of the TV cables and collapsed bringing down half the ceiling above our bedroom :blush: only it wasn't just the ceiling that gave way - I landed stradling a piece of 2x4 :crybaby:

Guess that's me never destined to be a father.

Check out the picture...

post-71-1073697322.jpg

sorry to hear that Frank... opps sorry i mean djanderso :blush:

i am picturing that scene of Some mothers do ave em!!.. classic!

youll need to replaster board that bit and have it skimmed!... and paper/artex by the looks of it.

Bad news mate :crybaby:

Never mind the roof - I'm more concerned with the state of my jinglies! :)

Fortunately, I've got a mate who does DIY - he's coming round to save what's left of my ***** tomorrow. I'm now keeping out the way of Mrs A. :whistling:

Never mind the roof - I'm more concerned with the state of my jinglies!  :)

Fortunately, I've got a mate who does DIY - he's coming round to save what's left of my ***** tomorrow.  I'm now keeping out the way of Mrs A. :whistling:

ok.. let me get these straight.. you have a mate that does it himself... and he is coming round to fix your jinglies??

What does he exactly do on his own? :blink:

does the missus have to get involved? LOL

Never mind the roof - I'm more concerned with the state of my jinglies! :)

Fortunately, I've got a mate who does DIY - he's coming round to save what's left of my ***** tomorrow. I'm now keeping out the way of Mrs A. :whistling:

I was thinking.. if you were hanging there with your jinglies and your missus came up to you and smacked them with a slipper.. she would have a new type of doorbell! :D

on a serious note: your ceiling has an 'artex' finish. artex manufactured before about 1980 had a high asbestos content and needs to be handled and disposed of correctly; definitely a job for the experts, but you will need to claim on your insurance to recover the thousands it costs.

cos, if your house is newer than this, lie back and get your crown jewels kissed better!

on a serious note: your ceiling has an 'artex' finish. artex manufactured before about 1980 had a high asbestos content and needs to be handled and disposed of correctly; definitely a job for the experts, but you will need to claim on your insurance to recover the thousands it costs.

cos, if your house is newer than this, lie back and get your crown jewels kissed better!

Fortunetely the house is onlt 5 years old.

Funny thing is the wife has been nagging all week to paint the ceiling in that room!!

I would not have been happy if I had!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links