Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

End Of A Very Short Era!

Bison

I'm not sad to say that I have sold my LS400 after only 2 months of ownership.

You may think I'm mad but i'm now the proud owner of a mentally fast Sierra RS Cosworth, it is the most exciting thing i've ever driven, not boring like my lexus.

Lexus are quiet, comfortable and make you feel tired, but I have a nice bed for that! The cosworth is such an improvement much nicer to drive, might be a bit noisier but what the hell.

The Lexus was to expensive to run, parts were silly prices and it wasn;t worth the money in my opinion,

Funny thing was my Cossie came with Lexus mats!!

See ya round, (In my rearview!!)

Bison :zee:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see you in the garage with another engine rebuild... cozzies are notourious for it ...

Since when has a cosworth been cheap to run.. you'll notice it in a few months... I know I run a TT and is costly... but it will play with that cossie no problems! But i pay through the nose for the privilage

the governments fault

i dont understand why you slap the LS for being quiet.. thats what was made for.. cosworth different league.. period!.. try driving 600 miles in a noisey car

Hmm, what do people really mean by 'exciting'?

Most of the time I'd guess they mean "two seconds". It's two seconds faster 0-60 than something 'boring'. That's it. Would the cossie be exciting if it could only manage the 0-60 dash as quick as an LS?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching here. I've got a Soarer TT and I figured it was more 'exciting' to drive than my IS300. But this thread prompted me to wonder why. The TT is slightly less refined (well it is 10yrs old now), the suspension doesn't seem as good, it's a bit noisier, the steering is less responsive, gun it in the wet & you'll end up in a hedge and I'd never hussle it down twisty country lanes because it weighs as much as a ferry! What's more, the world is full of gatso's, mobile speed traps, potholes, horses and kids on push-bikes.

BUT.... it accelerates like a thing possesed - so, I figured it was more 'exciting'. Would my IS suddenly become exciting if it could sprint as quick as the TT? Yes, I guess that's all it would take :shifty:

Andy

Sorry to see that you've given up on the Lex!

If you manage to keep that cossie for more than than six months, without the engine blowing up, or some little scrote nicking it for a local cruise, then you'll be a lucky man!

With regards to an LS being boring, I tend to disagree ...for one, when I;m doing 150mph in my Lex , i can still have a conversation, and hear the stereo...could you?

And if you took that engine out of you car you would be left with just a plain old SIERRA..now that is boring...and without tuning my engine , top end, my car goes just as fast as yours, if not faster.

Good luckmate

Stew :zee:

Well done mate!!!biggrin.gif

Get yourself over to www.passionford.com, it's a wicked forum, loads of well known Tuners on there to give you a hand when ya need it and it's the most relaxed forum on the internet to with regards to having a laugh etc.

As you can probably guess by what I'm writing and my BB name, I have a Sierra RS Cosworth.biggrin.gif

And to all you Lexus owners giving him stick...have you ever driven one?

Yes, it's a FORD and yes, they're always breaking down but who gives a :tsktsk:! The smile you get on your face when you plant your foot in a stage 3 Cosworth is unbelievable! I'm telling ya! And it more than makes up for the little bits of trouble you get now and then.

Just have fun mate, coz I know you will!!

I could drive my car ALL day long, it's not too loud it's not hard to drive and it can take a caning every now and then.............I LOVE it!!

Laters! :winky:

Darrone

Edited by ColinBarber

enjoy it mate

Wouldn't knock a cossie, however say hello to my colleagues in the Big Jam butties(Traffic cops). Rightly or Wrongly that car will attract their attention. Look on the bright side if it ever did get nicked hopefully it would be too long before they found it :D :D :D :D

If somebody wants your motor Scott they'll get it.

Cossies are no different to any other car.

they are just much more desirable for theives to nick .put a cossie next to a lex in a dark car park i know what my money would be on to go first. :P .Bison you should have stayed with a lexus and bought a soarer best of both worlds and in a straight line would be more than a match for the cossie.i presume you bought a saphire :whistling: .

Driving in a straight line aint DRIVING though is it?

You try throwing a Soarer round a corner,i know which i'd prefer to be in

Unless you wanted to see what's on the other side of the hedge! :o :P

Driving in a straight line aint DRIVING though is it?

You try throwing a Soarer round a corner,i know which i'd prefer to be in

Are all cossies four wheel drive then ,lets be honest the first cossies were great cars and are now collectors items and fetch good money ,and in my opinion look the mutts nutts but the second series the saphire is a pile of s88t and gives of a tacky image you go to any big meet and there will always be some :tsktsk: in a cossy doing doughnuts.Give me the soarer any day were i live there aint that many corners :D

This is my new baby, I love it!! Couldn't say that about my Lex!

Well I've read thru the mixed bag of replies and can understand why you die hard lex fans are slating the cossie!

I've had all sorts of cars, Fords Vauxhalls, BMW's Honda's Nissan etc etc.... But without a doubt the Lexus was very well built, but like Darrone says

The smile you get on your face when you plant your foot in a stage 3 Cosworth is unbelievable!
This is sooo true, even though mine is only stage 1 it is unbelievable, the back end flies out in 2nd when you floor it in a straight line, this is pure driving heaven, I never had this much fun with my pants on ever! :P

My Cosworth has mental wastegate noise and I never got some many people staring at my Lex as I do with this, It has a Cosworth 4x4 Block even though it is a 2wd and the engine has only covered 62k, this car has a full service history and has been so well maintained! It has good security to, in the form of a Clifford Concept 50 with all the goodies, Cat 1 obviously and a steering lock, It's Garaged, (In an alarmed Garage) so it'll take a very expert thief to get this bugger! At the end of the day that;s why I have Insurance!

I love it anyway and that's al that matters!!

I'll still be around sticking my nose in, take care

Bison :zee:

Edited by ColinBarber

in the rain i wouldnt wanna hammer a soarer into the corners

But I tell you what.. owning a manual TT with bigger rear wheels and my suspension is well rock hard with sports TEMS my soarer handles like its on rails! I dont know where people get the idea that a soarer is dangerous!... if people are prepared to drive like an idiot in the rain then they will all end up in the hedge.. that includes a cosworth.... its not the car that out you in the hedge... its the driver controlling it.

With the soarer you can set it to track day mode and the suspension is even firmer giving that excellence in handling. Slap traction control and your laughing.

I have played with a local cossie here and have no problems keeping up. Soarer is less tempting because there is no call for a soarer for nickable parts.. no common bugger knows what they are or what they are nicking. Also the badge says it all... if Lexus made a really crappy range that last 5 years i would be embarressed to claim i own the same brand. I bought into Lexus/Toyota for their excllence and the exclusive Lexus brand.. in fact i loved it so much why is this club exsists?

I aint saying the cossie is a bag of crap... I bet its really good fun to drive... but i cannot see it being a car you would keep for a number of years and use it as as everyday car.

Now the LS is a different class motor... refined luxury.. lexus flagship back in the early 90's, renouned for its reliability... expensive to run.. but you should have researched that before buying a car... I wouldnt marry a woman only to find she is a biatch! I would wanna find out what that persons like... So.. if you can afford the fuel costs and parts for such a fine motor then your cooking with gas!... and if i remember rightly Bison claimed in his eBay advert as the best drive he has had.

I really miss my old motor for its refinement.. very smooth.. I am now driving a mental motor with rock hard suspension and lower profile tyres which give a bumpy ride. It wants to boost all the time and being a manual with no traction control its a very lively motor. Good fun but at times I wish the turbos had the option to turn them on and off inside the car.

So to finish it off... lets not start claiming that a seirra cosworth is in the same class or it is a better car.. coz it aint.. its just a highly tuned sierra (yes nice and fast) and carries the same internal componants similar to a ford fiesta!

Each to their own Mudz,you cant slag people off just coz they've gone to a different brand everybody wants different things from a motor.

If i was younger i'd have a cossie but i'm an old geezzer now so i like refinement,

and Bison obviously wants the "fun" element of driving, so i say good luck to him and enjoy it.

So to finish it off...  lets not start claiming that a seirra cosworth is in the same class or it is a better car.. coz it aint.. its just a highly tuned sierra (yes nice and fast) and carries the same internal componants similar to a ford fiesta!

Steve,

That was written with so much passion, so much enthusiasm, I think you said it all.

Each to their own Mudz,you cant slag people off just coz they've gone to a different brand everybody wants different things from a motor.

If i was younger i'd have a cossie but i'm an old geezzer now so i like refinement,

and Bison obviously wants the "fun" element of driving, so i say good luck to him and enjoy it.

So a mate cannot give advice to their opinion? The whole point of boards is for advice.

I doubt ayone is bitter coz he now owns a new car.. but dont come on a lexus board slating an LS against a cossie... he was asking for trouble

I dont go on the cossie forums saying my TT is better than a ford sierra 4x4

My opinion it was a provoking post... and even I bit at the hook line and sinker!

Steve you said it all:I have played with a local cossie here and have no problems keeping up.

Exactamundo,your in his rearview :lol::lol:

So Soarers dont share any components with any Toyota then?

Aston=Ford

And the list goes on an on an on.

As i said each to their own......thats it

Steve....i'm gonna call you Bully boy from now on :lol:

errr.. i can keep up along side.. i can split hairs with that!

everything from lexus is made by Toyota.. my car uses the same bits as a mark 4 supra

engine, brakes etc.. not bad really... rest of the soarer has a really unique design.

Now.. the posts states that the LS was expensive.. i fail to see where the words Lexus were thought to be cheap on parts!!! Plus.. since when have ford been any cheaper?

People always wanna have a slate at something they dont really know... its like having a sheep and a cow and claim the cow runs faster than the sheep!

When i measure a car I check the figures.. weigh it all up