Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Years/reg's For Different Specs?

As the title says, pretty much.

As I understand, there are three specs of Is200 (i.e. "generations")....A/B/C, with C being the newest? Different variations had things like electric passenger seat, side airbags, black dash etc. etc.

What years or registrations were these models (variations) introduced?

Thanks

Tony

Basically there are two specs. 1999-2001 and 2001 onwards. Each year there may be one or two things different (new colours, different head unit etc) but nothing major.

The main change details at the end of 2001 are here:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/news.php?page=archi...2001&id=pricing

There are some other changes too though,

Stainless Steel exhaust system

Improved stereo

The electric passenger seat (already mentoned)

Chrome front speaker grilles

Piping on the leather seats

A proper rear view mirror, not those silly convex ones!!

Think thats pretty much it...

Stainless Steel exhaust system

Improved stereo

I think it always had a SS exhaust.

Improved stereo?? Well it doesn't fail with ERR3 all the time but most people think the sound is worse on the newer model. This also was changed before the facelift, sometime in 2000.

Lexus Hatfield advised me that the stereo had been improved, although it does appear to have been changed before the 2001 facelift.

The pre 2001 Sports used to have the chrome tail pipe, but not a SS system. That was a 2001 improvement. 99% sure! Correct me if I'm 1% wrong anyone?!

AndyHart21 - I thought the Sports had always been 15mm lower??

It's just that the staineless steel exhaust looks rusty and brown after a few years, so it doesn't look like SS. Just put some spray paint at the back end to return its "quality look"

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Fidgits....you have early bits and lates bits it looks like? Electric passenger seat is later model, as is top-cd-load stereo, but the two tone dash is the earlier version I thought?

Has somebody just upgraded those bits previously, or was yours an "in-betweeny" car ?

New head unit and electric passenger seat were added in 2000. They are just options that were added (probably as the 2001 model).

The facelift - which is producing new parts - occured in 2001 (as 2002 models) and including new interior, grill, rear lights, new rear spolier + the curtain airbags, brake assist, Electronic Brake force Distribution, ISOFIX rear seat brackets and DVD rather than CD Dat Nav option.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links