Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Limited Edition

gaz51

I am considering chopping in our 2001 IS200 SE (Platinum Ice) for a new Limited Edition 200. Seems a good buy but it's a shame it doesn't come in Montrose Blue 'cos I love that colour. The Kodiak Sky looks a bit like a wet day in Somerset. Do you think the LE is worth going for, or is it just a marketing gimmick ? This is my first post. Sorry if it's a bit boring. :unsure:

Personally i would never buy a car from new!!! Just loose to much money, if you can get one a few mnths old, your laughing!!!

But i`m with you mate the blue is a much nicer colour!

But then again if you wanna be different, go for the LE

( or buy the blue, and wait for a nearly new LE to come up for sale )

I think if you can get hold of a LE, then go for it.

Like you, I prefer blue, but the LE will hold its value better than an ordinary SE, and i imagine the HID will be a good bonus. (plus dont you get full leather interior?)

Thanks for your replies and the outcome is.... Lexus, Exeter have just pressed the button and ordered an LE for March 1st registration ! All I have to do now is keep this one safe for a few weeks. I hate that bit. Our South Somerset roads leave much to be desired and are awash with elderly drivers waiting to launch surprise attacks, tractors lying in ambush and pot-holes the depth of Loch Ness. Thank goodness it's not yet caravan season.

I test drove the LE, last weekend, and it was great but the deal clincher is the offer of 3 years free servicing on cars registered before March 31st. Of course, HID lamps, full leather and the arm-rest all help. Damn, I'm excited now. :D

Thanks for your replies and the outcome is.... Lexus, Exeter have just pressed the button and ordered an LE for March 1st registration ! All I have to do now is keep this one safe for a few weeks. I hate that bit. Our South Somerset roads leave much to be desired and are awash with elderly drivers waiting to launch surprise attacks, tractors lying in ambush and pot-holes the depth of Loch Ness. Thank goodness it's not yet caravan season.

I test drove the LE, last weekend, and it was great but the deal clincher is the offer of 3 years free servicing on cars registered before March 31st. Of course, HID lamps, full leather and the arm-rest all help. Damn, I'm excited now. :D

Congrats Mate, welcome to the LE club :D

I agree, Tony, that there's a bit of marketing hype behind all this, but if Lexus, Exeter are to be believed the UK allocation was 350 cars back end of 2003 and 550 for 2004 registration. Not exactly flooding the market and offering some worthwhile add-ons while giving us peace of mind for another 3 years. All in all it seems a good package.

I think I may be using the Tesco Astra a bit more than usual until March 1st, though. :duh:

Personally i would never buy a car from new!!!  Just loose to much money, if you can get one a few mnths old, your laughing!!!

Agreed. Just picked up a Is200 SE, with full sports kit (18" alloys, TTE bumpers B/F and spoiler) with DVD sat nav. It had done 6 miles (yes SIX miles), and I got it for 18,500.

Even came with pirelli pzero's on (the grip is just stunning in the wet).

Have a word with your local lex dealer. They occasionally get these cars in from lexus, and I think they are fantastic value for money (and to think, I was considering a shogun!).

The LE is a lovely car, but it's just the HID's and colour which make the difference

Paul

PS: Once the weather is half decent, I'll get pics into the garage. I love the little TTE badge on the spoiler. It's tiny but makes me feel good!

Our business here in Somerset is 24/7 365 days a year. We don't do holidays, right now, and even getting to Exeter to see our "local" dealer is hard to arrange. So we probably miss out on some special offers but I'm happy with the LE deal - and, probably more importantly so is my partner. I will be in Exeter tomorrow, though, and will mention these posts to Barry at Marsh Lexus.

Congratulations Gaz on the upgrade. I have only ever seen one LE on the road.

Now the Yellow IS is very 'limited'. Not many of them around. :)

av a look in my garage, that can be ya 2nd well technically its on my drive :P

:mat:

The spoiler is gonna look really nice on it Andy :P

Agreed. Just picked up a Is200 SE, with full sports kit (18" alloys, TTE bumpers B/F and spoiler) with DVD sat nav. It had done 6 miles (yes SIX miles), and I got it for 18,500.

How old is the car because that is an absolute bargain? Isnt that around £25000 new? :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links