Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Alloy Centres

waveydavey

Aye up all,

MY other half has a 2003 IS200 Sport with the Aero Pack fitted which included the 18" 6 spoke alloys. The centre caps on the alloys are just plain but i've seen a couple of other sports, with the same wheels, that have proper Lexus centre caps with the Lexus logo on them. I just wondered if anybody had a rough idea how much these type were as she fancies having a set with the logo's on rather than the plain one's she has now.

Cheers

David.

Me too had the same,

Standard 17" ones are a straight fit for the 18" aero kit.

Part numbers are L42603-53030 and are £10 each, less yer gold discount of course.

Speak to Chris Shipley and he'll fire 'em in the post for ya.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for the reply chrispy.......

We had to drive past Lexus Sheffield today so we called off to ask them how much they would be and why we hadn't got them fitted anyway.

We were told that the 18" wheels don't have them fitted only the 17" at which point we pointed out that there was an IS200 Sport in their carpark with the aero package and 18" wheels which had the lexus covers on.

They went away to their body shop to ask if they had any in stock and came back with a set of four for nowt!!!! So out we walked with free set of 4 lexus badge covers.

So anyhow it would appear that officially the 18" 6 spoke wheels just have the plain centre caps but the 17" 5 spoke wheels have the lexus badge centre caps.

As far as i know thats now two things that you actually lose by upgrading to the higher spec car.....Headlight washers being the other i know of.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for the reply chrispy.......

We had to drive past Lexus Sheffield today so we called off to ask them how much they would be and why we hadn't got them fitted anyway.

We were told that the 18" wheels don't have them fitted only the 17" at which point we pointed out that there was an IS200 Sport in their carpark with the aero package and 18" wheels which had the lexus covers on.

They went away to their body shop to ask if they had any in stock and came back with a set of four for nowt!!!! So out we walked with free set of 4 lexus badge covers.

So anyhow it would appear that officially the 18" 6 spoke wheels just have the plain centre caps but the 17" 5 spoke wheels have the lexus badge centre caps.

As far as i know thats now two things that you actually lose by upgrading to the higher spec car.....Headlight washers being the other i know of.

Cheers

Dave.

No, The truth is that the IS fitted with a styling kit as standard with 18inch alloys come with crome 'L' centre caps, they can be found in a little plastic bag in boot.

The centre caps that come with wheels are supplied by the manufacture who supply the wheels to be fitted by the dealer, the Crome 'L' caps are placed in the boot from the factory.

I know I found a set in IS fitted with a styling kit that had just been placed in the showroom, so much for the PDI.

This is another example of the :tsktsk: service you get from your Lexus dealer.

I'm guessing that most/all dealers just "borrow" bits off one car and fit them to another if the customer complains or notices something is missing (hence why you got the centrecaps for free).

I'm still waiting for a set of floormats for my IS which the dealer is hoping to "procure" for me - I think this is Lexus speak for "waiting until another IS comes in as a part-ex and hoofer the mats off that".

Had a look in the boot and under the boot floor with the spare and no sign of any extra centre caps.

The one's that the dealer gave us were in sealed plastic bags as though they were just new from the spares dept etc..... Fitted them last night and they look a hundred times better than the plain one's that were on the wheels before.

Cheers

Dave.

• 10 months later...