Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!

IS300KK

Hello there

I've been lurking on these forums for a while, and finally got my IS300 two weeks ago - 02 plate, plat ice, like new. I've had a fantastic two weeks with the car, it's so much fun to drive on the twisty roads around where I live. However, today, the throttle jammed when I was doing 60mph + on the aforementioned twisty roads, sending me hurtling towards 80mph, with hardly any effect on braking. I really thought my number was up - to make it worse, my boyfriend was following behind (trying to keep up in his B*W) and it just crossed my mind that it would be horrible for him to watch me hit a tree!

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? I checked my carpet mats, and they don't seem to be interfering with the pedals. I have emailed the dealer where I bought it (Lexus Guildford, who up until now have been great) so wish me luck.

All the best

Amanda

Hello again

Thanks for the replies. It's such a shame this has happened, as I absolutely love the car. It took almost a year to find the colour combo I wanted (Plat Ice, Oakham leather - a bit girly, but I think it looks fantastic!), so it's not like I can just get another one if it crashes. :blink:

Amanda

Thanks for the tip!

If it happens again (and I really, really hope it doesn't) I'll stick it in N. I was about to shift it today, when the car decided to be completely normal and behave as though nothing had happened! It's quite amazing how quickly it picked up speed - well, my last car had a 1.3 under the bonnet, so you can appreciate why this 'little episode' scared me witless!

Amanda

I think it was jammed for about thirty seconds, then just un-jammed itself. I just slammed on the brakes and kept the steering going - thank *** that didn't lock up! I dread to think what would have happened if my mum or boyfriend had been driving. The more I think about it, the more I realise how lucky I was, not just to walk away, but to walk away from an undamaged car.

Sorry to hear that,

i heared about that somewhere and there was a suggestion what to do. They say it is not a carpet. If You have time go to this forums neighbour is300.net forum (hope modifier of this forum will not be angry) and search for jammed accelerator or smth, i read about it, and You should do something about it and fast, because there are a lot of trees out there!

Good luck

ahh another 300 owner,, welcombe, great IS aint it..

why did you go for the 300 as opposed the 200...

cant say i have had that problem.. but IF it should happen again,, lets hope not,, then as mentioned before stick it in neutral,,, not much help AFTER the situation i know..

I had this problem with my IS - to stop it, I hooked my foot under the throttle and lifted it up (didn't have the presence of mind to stick it in neutral). I thought it was the carpet but when it happened a second time I took it back to Lexus. From memory, they replaced a spring on it under warranty.

Plat Ice, Oakham leather - a bit girly

OI!!!!!!

Same as Mine, Not Girly at all I hope!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, I'd wouldn't bother e-mailing the dealer about it, I'd take it straight down there! It may just be the carpet, but it ain't worth risking your life to find out :crybaby: .

Hope it all goes well.

Colour combination not Girlie at all - I was looking for similar. Ended up with the black leather but have got used to it now. (mines from Guildford as well - endorse your sentiments on the service, very helpful). On this basis, agree with immx, take it straight down to them.

Hi again

Thanks for your messages. Lexus Guildford did indeed contact my local dealer (Cardiff) about the problem, and Cardiff called me at work to ask about it. Guildford then called me to check that Cardiff had been in touch, so all in all I was pleased with the service.

The service department reckon it's a mat problem, even thought I couldn't see anything wrong, but I have taken them out, and bought new Lexus mats, and it hasn't happened since, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

I'm really pleased with the 300. I wanted it mainly because of the automanual gearbox (and the engine, of course), and I haven't been disappointed. I can't wait to drive it every day, and it never fails to make me smile when I see it parked up. It must be love!

Take care guys

All the best

Amanda