Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Car Kits

Looking at getting a Bluetooth car kit fitted.

I have a Sony Ericcson T610, so looking at either Parrot Bluetooth Advanced Car Kit CK3100 or Original Ericsson Bluetooth Car Kit HCB-30.

Anyone have either of these kits?

What are your experiences?

Additionally, does anyone know a decent fitter in the North West who would fit this to a GS430 with nav? I have already had one guy not want to mess with getting into dashboard :crybaby:

i have the hb-30 kit and it has been realy good ,find the voice ativation a bit hit and miss .

I have trouble with voice recognition using wildfire and my Bluetooth headset - assumed it was just scared of the scouse accent :lol:

fitted it myself and was easy but as you say a different story with the sat nav etc in the gs430

fitting it myself is not an option - nav or not.

would much rather pay a professional - not a hardware person :blush:

That sites way overly priced, probaly sub contract their fitting to little boys too...

Let me know your requirements before you buy mate ...

I got my original Nokia something 7 blue tooth car kit for with cradle hub, cos I wanted one for normal use and charging all in for £82.00

Go for the ericsson HCB-30.

It's a much better kit than the Parrot.

I would have thought that a SE kit would be a better match to the phone, but am a touch discouraged by mudz comments, specifically the one about not finding the phone when its in his pocket.

I keep the phone in the arm rest, so this is important.

My father has the earlier Parrot kit, and this doesn;t have those sort of problems.

Seem to recall that you are in this sort of business though Duncan ( :unsure: ) - so is this based on your own experience of both kits?

That sites way overly priced, probaly sub contract their fitting to little boys too...

yup!

no intention of buying from them, simply found the site when researching the kits etc, and that site posed the question of whether or not the GS has an ISO connector (thanks Col :winky: ).

I will let you know what I want to buy mate, and will appreciate any help you can offer ;)

Go for the ericsson HCB-30.

It's a much better kit than the Parrot.

I would have thought that a SE kit would be a better match to the phone, but am a touch discouraged by mudz comments, specifically the one about not finding the phone when its in his pocket.

I keep the phone in the arm rest, so this is important.

My father has the earlier Parrot kit, and this doesn;t have those sort of problems.

Seem to recall that you are in this sort of business though Duncan ( :unsure: ) - so is this based on your own experience of both kits?

Yeah your right, I am in this business.

I've fitted the parrot and the Ericsson kit, and found the Ericsson's to be of better build quality (components inside) and better after sales help with warranties etc.

It could be that Mudz has a phone with a software problem which is not totally compatable with the Ericsson kit ??? There are alot of phones out there that have this problem, but it's not recognised until it's connected to a car kit.

Go for the Ericsson Matt, trust me.

(The largest car audio and comunication company in the uk dropped Parrot products last year for not full filling their warranty claims) :winky: :whistling:

Yeah your right, I am in this business.

I've fitted the parrot and the Ericsson kit, and found the Ericsson's to be of better build quality (components inside) and better after sales help with warranties etc.

OK - thats me sold :D

will be getting the Ericcson kit (although I do like the caller ID unit of the parrot kit :blush: ).

Setve / Duncan - will drop you two guys a pm in a bit

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links