Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.

New to this forum, but not to Lexus.

Had my '95 GS 300 for four years now. The only niggle I have has only raised its head recently. My speedo needle has gone black in the middle of its length.

My dealer informs me that the needle cannot be repaired. Seems it is made up of little flourescent 'tubes'. And it cannot be replaced without replacing the whole clock system at a cost of over €1,200 !

Surely this cannot be right? Is he yanking my chain?

Anybody come across this before?

Phil.

PS. Have been reading here for quite a while. Looks very good.

HE, is not yanking your chain.

yes the needle has burnt out, and they are expensive to replace, all i can suggest is do a search on these forums as it has been discussed before, and several people have chosen different options.

there are a few independants who can repair these clock units

The speedo needle on mine has started to give out aswell, so far managed to delay by turning the display brightness down to the minium setting. Seems to be working aswell.

Not worth repairing on mine though, to old me thinks

Thanks for the replies. I did know about the turning down the brightness trick, as the needle is OK at night with the lights on.

That Lextech place looks good, but it's on the wrong side of the pond. They should set up a UK outlet just for us Europeans.

But it just so happens that a 2000 GS 300 with only 28,000 miles up has just come to my notice; and it is fairly local.

Phoned earlier this evening, and going for a look-see tomorrow.

Maybe strike a good deal??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links