Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommendations For Car Audio / Kits Installation

Hi,

I'm looking to have a Bluetooth Mobile phone car kit installed. Now the chaps that did the last one did a great job, but didn't do the stereo mute or pipe it through the drivers door loudspeaker (Making it quite muffled)

Now, various peeps on here have talked about various chaps that have got the mute working on the stock lexus is200 stereo, so I'm looking for some personal recommendations for someone that can do a good job for me!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Paul,

If you were in the East Midlands I'd definitely recommend Auto Image. They were recommended by the dealer and did a perfect job at a good price. I've had mobiles fitted to several cars and this was definitely the best job and best price.

Are you sure you want a Bluetooth install though? Costs a bit more and you have to pay extra for a cradle if you want one. And without one you don't get an external aerial and need to make alternative provisions for charging your phone.

imho, even if your phone has Bluetooth, you're better off with the old fashioned cradle mount - though of course it makes it more difficult for you to upgrade phones.

Official Nokia Cradle mount cost me about £100 +VAT fully fitted and including a screen mounted Tbar arial which is almost invisible. As I recall, the Bluetooth would have cost another £20 or so without the cradle or arial. This included muting of the radio which is a standard IS200 fit.

If you need to contact Auto Image, their number is 0115 938 4451.

T

If you were in the East Midlands I'd definitely recommend Auto Image.  They were recommended by the dealer and did a perfect job at a good price.  I've had mobiles fitted to several cars and this was definitely the best job and best price.

hmm - this interests me.

I am looking for a reputable car kit installer - I'm not in the East Midlands area, but I can get there :shifty:

Did Auto Image remove your centre console to plug into the stereo?

If so - how well has it been put back together?

Any creaks, squeaks or rattle etc?

I want my kit fitting (already have the kit), but I do not want to chance anyone screwing up the console and introducing squeaks etc.

:blush:

Mat, I fitted my own car-kit & removed the centre console, glove box etc, now im no auto-electrician no do I do any work on my engine, but I found installing the car-kit very easy. Putting back the stereo is the only bit you need to be carefull of as the sides are razor sharp & can damage the sides of the console, but if you follow the guide in the knowlage thingy, its realy straight forward.

If you decide to go this route id happily talk you through it.

Stuart

Are you sure you want a bluetooth install though? Costs a bit more and you have to pay extra for a cradle if you want one. And without one you don't get an external aerial and need to make alternative provisions for charging your phone.

Most certainly am sure...!!

Have had one before, and it was fantastic. Didn't need to see the phone at any time. Also, voice dialling worked great!

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind travelling for a good job.

You can confirm that the stereo mute works then?

Regards,

Paul

Stereo mute certainly works fine on my car; I would imagine that it works with the Bluetooth kit too, but can't confirm that. The sound though is via the phone kit's speaker, not through the stereo's speakers, but that doesn't matter to me - sound quality is fine.

The car was at the dealers when the install was done, so don't know what they had to remove to wire it up to mute the stereo. Whatever they did remove, they put back properly, as I can't see any damage and there are no squeaks or rattles whatsoever.

Oh, and they fitted the cradle on a 'Dashmounts' bracket that slips into the centre console by the side of the stereo - so they didn't need to drill the console, and then fitted the speaker out of sight in the passenger footwell. :)

Hope that helps,

Tony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links