Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tom Tom Go

Hi,

i havent got tom tom go but have got a pda with tom tom software and am very happy with it.

I am a courier and it gets alot of use and saves me a lot of time finding places.

I think the tom rom go uses the same software and if it hasnt already put the post code software on it too

hope this helps a little

john

I'm also thinking of buying one. Had a look at one, seems to work better than the PDA version, only thing is the software sometimes lags behind. Still the option to add your own POI is now there so you can add the speed camera data ;)

I'm also thinking of buying one. Had a look at one, seems to work better than the PDA version, only thing is the software sometimes lags behind. Still the option to add your own POI is now there so you can add the speed camera data ;)

Colin,

I have used TomTom navigator with an IPaq and I kept having to to do soft resets ect with it, plus the speaker wasnt load enough. Since changing to TTG ive noticed much better performance regarding display, sound and Battery life. Also I havent noticed any software lag and TomTom are always releasing free software updates to cure any of thease problems.

If you require any more info regarding TTG, try this forum http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?man=TOMTO&code=TOMTOMGO

Hope this helps

Thanks

All the reasons you have stated are reasons why I recommend the Go over a PDA. A friend of mine also has problems with his Bluetooth GPS, if you don't shut everything down and in the correct order the PDA just keeps trying to find the device when you remove it from the vehicle.

Even though I have a PDA if I decide to get a portable sat nav system it will be a TTG.

The Bluetooth issues were fixed a long time ago. I have been a tomtom user now since it came out as version 2, so for about 2 - 2.5 years now and I think it just gets better.

The TTGo has newer maping info however, so if your midlands based, I belive it now covers teh M6 toll etc..

There's loads of info on this adn other GPS systems (not just PDA but Car based as well) over at the following url:

www.pocketgps.co.uk

The forum on there is VERY good for this kind of info.

HTH