Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm/central Locking Resetting

If your remote won't open/close your doors, here is the key-fob resetting method for the GS300 Mk1 system between '95 - '97 (the two button open/close black unit):

Remove the small screw at the back of the fob, and seperate both parts. The back part will contain the Battery - it's the front part that you need (minus the battery).

Sit in the car and with the ignition OFF hold the fob near to the centre console and press both buttons at the same time for 20 - 30 seconds.

Replace the back containing the Battery and press lock, then unlock.

This should have sorted the problem out - it worked with mine! :D

Tony.

I had one fob which has never worked, tried out the recommended process with it....and it worked perfectly. Great advice, but I wish I understood why it does it. How can anything happen on the fob when the Battery is disconnected?

Anyway, thanks very much for the technique.

Blyth

:)

I had one fob which has never worked, tried out the recommended process with it....and it worked perfectly.  Great advice, but I wish I understood why it does it.  How can anything happen on the fob when the battery is disconnected?

Blyth

Nice one Blyth!! :winky:

With such lower power devices, the miniature caps still store charge with the Battery off. Usually enough to keep any setting.

By keeping the buttons pressed you will be discharging them fully.

I had one fob which has never worked, tried out the recommended process with it....and it worked perfectly.  Great advice, but I wish I understood why it does it.  How can anything happen on the fob when the battery is disconnected?

Blyth

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wonder if this works on the aristo? If so then I am in the market for a new key with the sender unit on it as mine is just a standard key without the remote locking on it. Best place to get a new key? lexus?

I would assume the Aristo has the same system as the GS, so maybe an intergrated key would be programmable... but only Lexus can confirm this for you mate, and would probably be quite expensive for a new key from them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just did this and now unlocks perfect but wont lock at all with the remote now ??

I have had a bit of bother with mine too, the problem I have is that the fob will work fine for any amount of time, lock/unlock no problems, then for no reason whatsoever wont unlock with the fob for days, leaving me red faced with the alarm screeching away lights flashing as I drive head down away from home, till it's had enough and stops!

I have changed the fob Battery several times but this seems to make no difference, I now dont trust it and lock with the key and only unlock it with the fob. Any one had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
If your remote won't open/close your doors, here is the key-fob resetting method for the GS300 Mk1 system between '95 - '97 (the two button open/close black unit):

Remove the small screw at the back of the fob, and seperate both parts. The back part will contain the battery - it's the front part that you need (minus the battery).

Sit in the car and with the ignition OFF hold the fob near to the centre console and press both buttons at the same time for 20 - 30 seconds.

Replace the back containing the battery and press lock, then unlock.

This should have sorted the problem out - it worked with mine! :D

Tony.

hi tony just jointed this morning just done this to my sons car worked great this problem happens about once a year and my friend resets it up to now i did not know how but now i do not in the hand book thanks alot colin

Glad it worked for you Colin :winky: