Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rac Trackstar +plus

MrADeveci

INFO

I have today secured a very good price for a 'top of the range' Tracker system supplied by RAC.

I was given a Trade price, simply being in uniform, however I have secured a further discount of £35 if we buy in bulk (at least 10 people)

WHAT IS IT?

RAC TrackStar +Plus (http://www.ractrackstar.com)

WHAT DOES IT DO?

This is more a case of what does it NOT do, this is the top of the range system, that is GPS based.

RAC are able to pin point the the location of your vehicle within seconds of the car being stolen.

RAC contact the police, and you when the car has been stolen, and not the other way round like other systems.

The system has many many functions, and from what the dealer tell me if your car is being driven at say for example, 3am in the morning, and this is a time that you have told RAC your vehicle is usually parked up RAC will call you on the mobile directly, and confirm with you the owner if you know that your car is driving along a certain road, at a certain speed !

For full info on this superb Vehicle tracking device please visit the website above.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? (usually)

The 'unit' alone costs £299 (look on the site), then there are either;

* monthly supscription of £10

* a one off payment of £325 for the length of ownership of the car (so if you own the car for 3 years, it covers that - if you own it for 5 years it covers that, and so on)

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME?

There is nothing I/Dealer can do with the subscriptions fee, however I have secured a very good price for the 'unit' and the installation of it

I have secured a price of £265+VAT = £312 complete. (including installation)

I have been told that the price of £312 incl. VAT will take approximatley 2-3 hours to complete!

WHO IS THE DEALER/FITTER?

Car Multimedia UK Ltd. (http://www.carmultimedia.co.uk)

Based EASTERN AVENUE (A12 EAST BOUND) ILFORD, ESSEX, IG2 6PL

OTHER INFO

I will maintain a list below of all those that are 100% interested with this superb security system, I will need at least 10 people for the price of £265+vat otherwise I have been told that the price will be £300+vat (£352.50 incl vat)

Any questions, feel free to ask ........

OWNERS WANTING THIS TRACKER:

ScarFace

mjmorse99

Edited by ScarFace

Do the firm do mobile fitting on this bud?

If not, then i'm afraid i will have to be counted out, as i can't spare the time to drive down there to have it done.

Stu

No mobile fitting available mate ....... this great price is @ there venue only! :blink:

If we say, that we all arrange to get the trackers installed 'within' March .... that should then give people enough time to arrange to get the tracker installed.

I will be getting one installed as soon as I get my new car ...... then I can update with feedback, etc ...... but how does March sound for everyone ?

Regards,

Just a though the website or the download brochure don't mention hijack. Yes if your car is stolen it automatically alerts RAC to track ..... but if someone snatches your keys ..... thye won't know. Can you then call them? it doesn't make it clear.

Also before they start tracking you have to get a crime number from the police - how long does that take? I remember when somebody attempted to break into my garage it took ages to get the number to claim on buildings insurance.

Sorry I'm not trying to be critical just trying to understand. The gadget sounds good and am thinking not for this car but maybe next.

to be honest i cannot commit to a specific Month, as i dont know when i will be able to get it done

Matt, then you can still pay the discounted rate of £352.50 incl vat (just show your membership card)

Just a though the website or the download brochure don't mention hijack. Yes if your car is stolen it automatically alerts RAC to track ..... but if someone snatches your keys ..... thye won't know. Can you then call them? it doesn't make it clear.

No tracking device can detect when you have been car-jacked, so you would simply ring the 24 hour call center, and tell them to put a track on your car!

They then automatically ring the police and pin point the exact location of your car :)

As for the crime reference number, a crime reference number, a CAD (computer aided dispatch) number is generated evverytime you call police. That takes seconds ........

Nice Job MR S... unfortunatly I dont think I shall be taking up the offer at the moment.

After doing the maths, the lifetime subscription isn't worth it for me (at the moment). I also pay GAP insurance so if it goes, I dont want it back! (thats the theory at the moment anyway - I may change this if someone has a more reasoned argument).

I also note that there is only a 12 month warentee on the unit, and the extended warentee is an additional cost (in the T&Cs). There is no indication if this is included in the subscription (either per month or whole life), could you confirm if it is or not.

There is also the option of a speed camera database warning system, is that included? (might be useful for some, and may tip the balance to them getting it or not).

I might change my mind at some point after I have thought about it a bit more.... you could put me down as a possible at this point in time.

One thing that has also come to my mind is where they would install it? Though this might be of a sensitive nature, I would be concerned they might want to place it where I already have something installed or plan to install something in the future etc...

*EDIT*

Some interesting threads over at Scoobynet regaring tracker systems, some are obvoius if you read the RAC T&Cs then they shouldn't have happened.

Trackstar T&Cs

Get your RAC Trackstar checked

Do you have a Tracker ? Read this !!!

Which tracker????

**** Tracker and Blackjax group buy update ****

Tracker Retreive insufficient

Scoobynet Security Forum

Cheers for that Jas ....

Scooby net ... got the group buy of a Tacker Monitor ... which isn't as good as the RAC Trackstar Plus for £350 !

So ..... we still got a cheaper price ... for an overall better unit ! :whistling: :winky:

Cheers for that Jas ....

Scooby net ... got the group buy of a Tacker Monitor ... which isn't as good as the RAC Trackstar Plus for £350 !

So ..... we still got a cheaper price ... for an overall better unit !  :whistling:  :winky:

Oh yeah... dont get me wrong... you have negotiated a great price, esp compared to other owners clubs (who you would have thought would have more buying power!).

To others... dont let my thoughts put you off this good oppertunity... it is just I dont think it is right for *me* just now...

There is also the option of a speed camera database warning system, is that included? (might be useful for some, and may tip the balance to them getting it or not).

Apparently RAC wil give you a 3 month trial period on the GPS Gatso database system .... and the choice is your if you want to continue to subscribe to the service.

One thing that has also come to my mind is where they would install it?  Though this might be of a sensitive nature, I would be concerned they might want to place it where I already have something installed or plan to install something in the future etc...

The location of the actual unit will be different in every Lexus installed .... so sayeth the dealer. :)

Also .... RAC TrackStar Plus ... is the first GPS based Tracker that is Insurance approved!

Thatcham Q Standard - The highest vehicle trackiing security certification available.

Ring : 0808 100 999 1

To see if your company will offer you a discount on your insurance with this tracker installed !

Although .... I know some people are a little lazy ... so I will get the list , and update ! ......

Do you know what the differences are between this and Tracker Horizon? So far this seems to be a lot better but costs quite a bit less

I have been told that "Tracker" is only a name brand mate ... like sony, kenwood ... etc ......

This is the best system in terms of tracker ..... :)

We have had 340+ Page Views ......... and not enough interest ...... considering the amount of people who were interested on the previous thread ? :blink:

I am going to set a date of the 1st MARCH 2005.

By this date, I need to know if you are or you are not interested please.

I need to collate numbers to let the dealer know, if we are able to get 10 (at £265), or not. and pay (£300)

If you are unable to get it installed during the month of MARCH 05, then please also say so, and I can always tell the dealer when you will be able to take up this great offer.

Sorry to sound rude ............. but with only 20 replies on this thread, I am begining to think that people are now backing off from the idea of having the tracker installed.

Thanks in advance ............

I will have this fitted, I'm unable to commit at the moment due to the costing, will take a while to save up for this but a great offer though, it was the costs before that put me off the idea.

It would mot likely be around April or May time before I can do this.

Would be a shame to see the time and effort you have put into this go to waste.

We have had 340+ Page Views ......... and not enough interest ...... considering the amount of people who were interested on the previous thread ?  :blink:

I am going to set a date of the 1st MARCH 2005.

By this date, I need to know if you are or you are not interested please.

I need to collate numbers to let the dealer know, if we are able to get 10 (at £265), or not. and pay (£300)

If you are unable to get it installed during the month of MARCH 05, then please also say so, and I can always tell the dealer when you will be able to take up this great offer.

Sorry to sound rude ............. but with only 20 replies on this thread, I am begining to think that people are now backing off from the idea of having the tracker installed.

Thanks in advance ............

Yeah I'm also definitely going to do this at some point but can't say before 1st March because I haven't got my car back yet, and not too sure whether I will keep it or get another (can't decide till I get it back and see if it feels ok)

Any chance it could be delayed slightly?