Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Condensation In Headlamp

IS300KK

Hello folks

Hope you're all managing to get around ok in the snow!

Over the past few weeks I've noticed more an more condensation building up in one of the headlamps of my IS300. Is there an easy (ie cheap) fix for this, or is it going to cost me a whole new unit?

All the best

Amanda

Hello folks

Hope you're all managing to get around ok in the snow!

Over the past few weeks I've noticed more an more condensation building up in one of the headlamps of my IS300. Is there an easy (ie cheap) fix for this, or is it going to cost me a whole new unit?

All the best

Amanda

Both my IS suffered with this. Both times the dealer replaced the unit without any hassle.

If your car is no longer under warrenty, then its spend-up time :ohmy: , i had two goes at fixing the condensation in my N/S lamp, in the end i bought a new one, using the clubs gold discount, cost me about £85.00......retail £125. ish :)

Hi again

Thanks for your replies. I'll try to get it done under warranty when I take it in to get some other stuff repaired - some git damaged the wheel arch in a car park, so that needs to be done asap with all the salt on the roads. The problem is quite noticeable driving at night, the condensation actually casts striped shadows on the kerb-side of the road - quite irritating until the unit dries out after about 30 mins of driving.

All the best

Amanda

can you not dry them out with a hairdryer? connect a peice of hose to a funnel, take out one of the bulbs in the cluster and poke the hose into the hole (because you wont get a hair dryer in behind the light).

then find the source of whats not letting out the air or letting in the moisture

I have tryed almost anything.

But its still bad espesially after washing the car.

I removed the black gasket round one of the main bulbs to get more air flow.

Have not had any condensation after that.

But put it on when you wash the engine.

I am shure the headlamps are to "closed"(I dont know the word).To little air flow.

I wonder if the newer headlamps are similar to the one that came first?

Anyone have compaired them?

Sorry for my bad english.

Jens

Norway

I have tryed almost anything.

But its still bad espesially after washing the car.

I removed the black gasket round one of the main bulbs to get more air flow.

Have not had any condensation after that.

But put it on when you wash the engine.

I am shure the headlamps are to "closed"(I dont know the word).To little air flow.

I wonder if the newer headlamps are similar to the one that came first?

Anyone have compaired them?

Sorry for my bad english.

Jens

Norway

The link between washing the car and the condensation is ,the water running down the wing gutter, over the indicator bulb area. The water also runs over the headlight adjust and below that is a breather flap with a small piece of foam inside, my guess is the water is getting in around the breather flap.....but ofter taking my lamp our several time, with no luck , i bought a new one...now its fixed :winky: .

• 1 month later...

Hate to sound dumb but can someone take a picture of where this breather flap actually is and email me

mattboyce@blueyonder.co.uk

can it affect it if i have swaped the bulbs to the ones sold through eBay

as it seams to have got worse since then

have Lexus ever modified the lamps ie changed partnumber since launch

like the usual TOYOTA way change last digit in part number by 1 for design change

because if i have to buy new lamps i would rather get them NEW rather than second hand

Thanks

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've noticed this problem on mine too. Passenger side only mind you.

Only realised it, as we've had a bit of rain these past few days... the whole lens was covered yesterday, but dried out most while driving to work. Now its back... i have changed the bulbs to XForce, so i'm wondering if i caused the problem or do you guys think it was probably already there, but i never noticed it through all the sunshine we've been having?! :(

Add me to the list, i have it too. Its reeeeeeeeally annoying :(

mine cleared out this morning... i parked it tight up against the boiler in the garage... i think the heat must've dried it out... lets see how long it stays like that for... otherwise i thinks i might go mad :duh:

• 4 months later...

I used a hot air gun on it by removing the main beam bulb but it still returned. Getting really f***** off now with this problem. Can anyone else shed more light about drilling holes into the unit to allow more airflow??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links