Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abs / Trc

I've just picked up my car from having -30mm eibach springs and a prolex kazama exhaust fitted.

I now have the ABS light on permanantley and the TRC OFF button flashing. The bloke had a look and could not see any cables trapped and could not understand why this was happening. We've reset the ECU and it is still the same.

I have drove the car 30 miles home and the brakes are working fine. He is going to ring me in the morning after he has spoken to someone who knows Lexus cars, and it might be a case of just resetting something?

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Adie

I've just picked up my car from having -30mm eibach springs and a prolex kazama exhaust fitted.

I now have the ABS light on permanantley and the TRC OFF button flashing. The bloke had a look and could not see any cables trapped and could not understand why this was happening. We've reset the ECU and it is still the same.

I have drove the car 30 miles home and the brakes are working fine.  He is going to ring me in the morning after he has spoken to someone who knows Lexus cars, and it might be a case of just resetting something?

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Adie

prob an abs sensor wire has come adrift somewhere, (or as above post) the trc is also controlled by the abs, i'd carefully re-check each abs sensor in the wheel area where the work was carried out, the abs light on just means you have no abs (or TRC) your brakes will still be ok, however they will lock up under heavy breaking, like non abs cars.

remove the sensors again, and check that the face is clean!. (face of the sensor)

that is if they were removed from the Hub to do the swap, which they should have been, if they was not, its possible that the wire could have become broken, there is No chance that the plug could have become loose as the plug is inside the car(on the rear) and under the front plastic arches (on the front)

Took the car back to the garage today. They told me that they hadn't took the sensors off the car when changing the springs. They then checked and found that they had broke the cable in the passange side. Then fixed the cable, but the lights are still on and flashing. ECU was reset again and the Battery disconnected. Problem still there.

I'm going back again on Tuesday for them to do a diagnostic and this should reset and clear the problem.

Is this correct?

Let down by the garage again :crybaby: They have not yet got the diagnostic kit to sort out the problem, be a couple of days and i've still not heard anything.

I must just have bad luck with garages :angry: I even took the car 30 odd miles away to a "top" jap performance garage in Bletchley. Not again if this is the service i get. :angry: :tsktsk:

Anyway does anybody know how much Lexus would charge to do a diagnostic and clear the fault? This might have to be the solution and i'll tell the garage i'm sending them the bill, as it was them that broke the cable in the first place and caused the problem.

Thanks,

Adie

Let down by the garage again :crybaby:  They have not yet got the diagnostic kit to sort out the problem, be a couple of days and i've still not heard anything.

I must just have bad luck with garages :angry:  I even took the car 30 odd miles away to a "top" jap performance garage in Bletchley. Not again if this is the service i get. :angry:  :tsktsk:

Anyway does anybody know how much Lexus would charge to do a diagnostic and clear the fault? This might have to be the solution and i'll tell the garage i'm sending them the bill, as it was them that broke the cable in the first place and caused the problem.

Thanks,

Adie

is it under warrenty

No its not under warranty. I also think Lexus will charge top price because the work wasn't carried out by them in the first place.

hi mate, let steve have a look when you pop up north :D

Thanks Gordon. I'm going to try the garage again tomorrow and see what excuse i get this time. Has Steve got a diagnostic kit?

No its not under warranty. I also think Lexus will charge top price because the work wasn't carried out by them in the first place.

hi mate, let steve have a look when you pop up north :D

Thanks Gordon. I'm going to try the garage again tomorrow and see what excuse i get this time. Has Steve got a diagnostic kit?

yes, what date are you going :question: 23rd :question:

i think you will find the cable although looks repaired is still broken.

i will have spare ABS sensors soon....

Apparantley both sensors are now pulsing, where as before only one was, before they fixed the cable

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, any idea when you will have sensors available and how much you want for them / one ?

I've had Gordon's mate Steve have a look with his diagnostic kit and problem still not sorted like other garage said it would be. Steve has also recommended that swap the sensor and problem will go.

Also is it an easy job?

Thanks

Adie

Hi mate, any idea when you will have sensors available and how much you want for them / one ?

I've had Gordon's mate Steve have a look with his diagnostic kit and problem still not sorted like other garage said it would be. Steve has also recommended that swap the sensor and problem will go.

Also is it an easy job?

Thanks

Adie

Does anybody know if i can get one of these sensors from Toyota? Or does it have to be Lexus? Also maybe part no. ?

Thanks

erm................Give me time to reply

if you want them i will go and take them of the Drift car now :duh:

yep its the sensor that is broken, the garage that lowered the first time round, broke the drivers side sensor, they bought me a replacement next day for £70, and fitted, the light was still on, RESET the ECU, drove round block, the light cleared itself out, after pressing the break pedal a few times...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links