Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorised Sat Nav Housing

In the process of trying to wire up my motorised sat nav unit, but havnt got a clue where to start. I want to use the open/close and tilt buttons and would like it to fold away when I take the keys out of the ignition.

Anyone help me with this please?

Im sure someone gave me a link explaining how it can be done, but cant seem to find it now.

Cheers.

bit more info needed please,  what are you planning, are you retrofitting the complete nav system, or just using the housing to put you own screen in.

Sorry, should of made it clearer. Ive fitted my TomTom Go into a Lexus sat nav housing with motor. Im going to feed the charger cable through into the glove box so I can just plug it in to charge the unit. Im now in the process of trying to wire the motor up so it can tilt and open and close when the keys are taken out the ignition like the OEM sat nav.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes all the wiring for the buttons and everything is there.

Thanks for the link Mr Singh, and thanks for the offer Steve. Think ill try and attempt it myself though.

Cheers guys.

Did you manage to get it working then mate? :question: :D

I fitted mine in yesterday (well almost). :D

Just have a small problem.

When I turn the igniton on the housing doesn't always push the screen up fully. Sometimes it stops about halfway. If I use the buttons on the housing it opens and closes fully.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anees :D

Sounds like a relay problem maybe ? ........ once the ignition is turned on ... it only sends power to the housing for a set amount of time ? ...........

I'm sure our Electronics Gurus will be along shortly.

Got any pics / movies ?

cool, i just got my hands on a sat nav unit (and lots of other bits) and want to put a screen into it!

So keep your updates coming

• 10 months later...
Time to revive this topic as I have just got the Housing off TheDon and cant get anything from it! Any help folks?

Cheers,

Kaz.

PM Anees. He fitted one in his car for his PC and looks excellent

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links