Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Head Unit

Hi all, i've been offered a second-hand IS200 head unit to replace me err3ed one. They both look identical (cd player at the bottom) although i have only seen a photo of the possible replacement. However, the code no on the front of each is different. The one from my IS200 S is 13901, whereas the replacement has a code 13902 on the front. Does anyone know what this difference may mean. is it possibly from an SE/SPORT and if so does that make it incompatible with my S.

Hi all, i've been offered a second-hand IS200 head unit to replace me err3ed one. They both look identical (cd player at the bottom) although i have only seen a photo of the possible replacement. However, the code no on the front of each is different. The one from my IS200 S is 13901, whereas the replacement has a code 13902 on the front. Does anyone know what this difference may mean. is it possibly from an SE/SPORT and if so does that make it incompatible with my S.

I'm not sure about this, but I always thought that the all the stereos were the same, only different if they are the CD at the top ones

When my stereo was replaced by Lexus earlier this year (CD at the top) the number on the new one was different to the one on my old one, so not sure what that number actually means :)

• 1 year later...

yeah, i think i can help with this..the 13901 refers to IS200 s model with out the external amp & only 6 speakers. The 13902 is the model for the IS200 SE.

Lexus Sheffield told me that they are NOT compatible.

cheers

The stereo from an SE / Sport model will NOT fit the S model and vice versa because the S doesn't have an external amp. The amp is in the stereo.

Would be better to change to an aftermarket unit. As you've got an S model it's extremley easy to do. I can give you part nos if you need them :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links