Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Stereo And Ipod

I've finally found the correct ISO for my stereo and its now up and running. The sound on it is pretty good as its got its own amp built in.

I've connected my Ipod to it via an ipod adapter. So the menu of the ipod is accessed through the touch screen on the stereo. The picture quality of the dvds is very good also. Just have to read how it all works now :blush:

You can connect loads of other things to it aswell, Reversing camera, amplifier, tv tuner, DAB etc etc.

Thanks to Ahmet for the initial installation and everyone else for their help and advice :winky:

Front of stereo

Menu Screen

Bourne Identity DVD

Ipod Menu

Ipod adapter and ipod....Fitted into glove box

Looks good dude, trouble is, it makes using the dials a bit fuss. How much did you pay for the stereo if you don't mind me asking?  :)

Link

Screen tilts foward so you can access the dials if need be :D

Cheap skate.........what sort of car stereo is that! :lol: you must have money to burn!

Was it difficult to fit?

Looks good dude, trouble is, it makes using the dials a bit fuss. How much did you pay for the stereo if you don't mind me asking?  :)

Link

Cheap skate.........what sort of car stereo is that! :lol: you must have money to burn!

Was it difficult to fit?

The din adapter was easy to fit. I just sat and watched Ahmet fit it. :lol: Everything else wiring wise is just plug and play. Just need to connect a couple of earths ;)

Link

Was it difficult to fit?

The din adapter was easy to fit. I just sat and watched Ahmet fit it. :lol: Everything else wiring wise is just plug and play. Just need to connect a couple of earths ;)

I pressume thats so you watch whislt in motion? Anyway, looks good matey.

The din adapter was easy to fit. I just sat and watched Ahmet fit it. :lol:  Everything else wiring wise is just plug and play. Just need to connect a couple of earths ;)

The Ipod adapter wasn't plug and play ......... it was Burn .... then plug ...... lol .... where's that lighter gone ? :lol:

Looks very nice Adie ........... did the screen give you any greif clearing the A/C controls or was it cool ? :shifty:

The din adapter was easy to fit. I just sat and watched Ahmet fit it. :lol:  Everything else wiring wise is just plug and play. Just need to connect a couple of earths ;)

The Ipod adapter wasn't plug and play ......... it was Burn .... then plug ...... lol .... where's that lighter gone ? :lol:

Looks very nice Adie ........... did the screen give you any greif clearing the A/C controls or was it cool ? :shifty:

I forgot about you taking a lighter to my car :lol:

Clears everything fine mate. Loads of room :D

Looks great Ad, Glad you got the lead sorted.

Just for future reference, which one(s) was it?

It was the toyota iso connector (PC2-17-4).

i take it that you have the S model then????

Looks good though! would love to access my ipod via the screen!

Oh to have that in the SE :blush:

I am sure with a bit of hacking and the right connections it is possible. Just a pain in the arris to do.

After-all as long as there is a permanent live, ignition live, an earth and the correct 'outs' going to the amp it's going to work isn't it.

Tis only electrocnic witchcraft afterall - right Geoff :winky:

It's just a case of being bothered really.

I would like to get my Kicker 240w RMS amp in the boot with the 2 x 12" Kicker woofers in series though.

Made 145.6dB in the Quiksilver - seriously loud :D

Just can't be arsed with the lack of RCA output of the stock stereo :crybaby:

must admit its the only thing i HATE with my IS though is the lack of an easy head unit change over, there are so many more things i would rather spend my time doing than electrocuting myself and having to re-wire the car! lol

seriously though, it does look cool!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nice i bought a facial unit and speakers but cant find an iso cable to fit how did u wire up your unit please mate

It was the toyota iso connector (PC2-17-4).

But don't forget ....... Adie car is an S ......... so that ISO won't work for yours as you have the built in AMP.

nice i bought a facial unit and speakers but cant find an iso cable to fit how did u wire up your unit please mate

PM Fargo (Paul). He might be able to help you out with an ISO for Sport and SE models.

But don't forget ....... Adie car is an S ......... so that ISO won't work for yours as you have the built in AMP.

But it has got a turbo :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links