Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

K&n Typhoon Mounting Snapped - Waaaaaaaah

scorcher

That'll teach me to go Sega rally style driving round Devon's slippery and potholey country lanes for a week!

The bracket that supports the metal tube linking the air filter to the engine has sheared off, so is currently just held in place by the silicon hose bit.

And I don't want to just replace the OEM airbox - too much assle and not enough noise, plus I've already paid the extra to my insurance company.

Has anyone got a 2nd hand CAI or spare Typhoon pipe for an IS300 they can let me have sharpish?

Cheers fellas :)

That'll teach me to go Sega rally style driving round Devon's slippery and potholey country lanes for a week!

The bracket that supports the metal tube linking the air filter to the engine has sheared off, so is currently just held in place by the silicon hose bit.

And I don't want to just replace the OEM airbox - too much assle and not enough noise, plus I've already paid the extra to my insurance company.

Has anyone got a 2nd hand CAI or spare Typhoon pipe for an IS300 they can let me have sharpish?

Cheers fellas  :)

An exhaust clamp and a bit of bent steel might hold it together for now... have you tried your local exhaust place (they'll be quiet on a Sunday, so may do it as a bit of a freebee....)

You could always try STS ?

I will check mine this afternoon after the hammering it has had round Wales this week.

oooh - exhaust clamp is a good idea - was thinking along the lines of a jubilee clamp but that sounds better  - ta!  ;)

Still not checked mine, but have you contacted K&N as they have a warentee of sorts I would expect. They might even ship you a replacement pipe! :)

Mine doesn't actually fit "perfect" onto the chassis ......... maybe this is a good idea as it allows for movement of the pipe ?

Might be an idea to leave a cm or two gap ........... to allow for movement of the pipe ! :unsure:

Have taken a couple of top quality camera phone pics and sent 'em off to K&N

brokentyphoon.jpg

brokentyphoon-cu.jpg

...and in the meantime picked up a couple of bendable stereo fitting struts from Halfords to hold the whole caboodle in place - really shouldn't have even bothered asking them for an exhaust clamp - they had no idea what I was talking about... :duh:

Quickfit or any exhaust gaff should have oddles of clamps in Dan... still sounds like your sorted for now... keep us updated on how you get on.

Anyone got any pictures of the updated bracket so we can check to see which bracket us T owners have ?

Here's the new style Typhoon - the securing bracket is much closer to the filter to prevent instability and wobble. It also comes with a fairly basic heat shield.

K&N Typhoon

Ahhh yes - looks much better.

Can only hope they'll send me the heat shield bit too!

Hmm .... well Jason, as you remember mind isn't actually really tight onto the chassis ... there is a little play ........ I think that actually prevents mine from snapping ! (famous last words) :unsure:

Thats where mine has snapped... I would have thought if they didnt mean the coupled stud to be wound all teh way in, they would have provided a spacer / nut to prevent it... or even made mention in the instructions.

Email KirstenS@knfilters.com with a copy of your receipt and mention me - Dan Wiggs - still haven't got the replacement pipe as she's waiting to hear from the R&D dept in the USA :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links