Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problematic Ebay Seller

Moffet

Hi guys, sorry if this is a bit long, but I see a lot of you use eBay, so was wondering if you could give some advice.

I bought this back on 17th October. It arrived but didn't fit the car at all. Totally the wrong shape. I contacted the seller who offered me a full refund and they sent a courier to collect it the next day.

5 weeks later I had still not received my refund. They ignored any email or messages I sent them, but I eventually managed to get through to them on the telephone do demand my refund which they did. This was 23rd November.

24th November I log into eBay and to my suprise I receive an unpaid item alert. They reported me to eBay for not paying for the item. I responded to the seller asking what was going on. I also found they had requested a Final Value Fee credit from eBay which they were granted. I reported this false accusation to eBay but they are yet to get back to me.

Today I log in to find the seller did not respond to my question but instead closed the dispute immediately thus giving me a non-payment "strike". I can prove I did pay for the item straight away because I still have the Paypal receipts so I can pass that onto eBay to clear my name.

Since I had not left the seller feedback yet I decided to leave negative feedback to warn others. Not long after I did this I received negative (also lying and insulting) feedback from the seller along with a sarcastic message that they will be happy to mutually withdraw the feedback and remove my non-payment strike because it "will be such a shame to lose your 100% feedback record". I won't remove their feedback because of the principal, but looking back through their history there are plenty people who have! Obviously a flaw in the feedback system...

It just feels like eBay's automated systems have already tried and convicted me and there is nothing I can do about these lying people!

Anyone been in a similar situation? How can I make this difficult for them? I think eBay will see sense with my account but surely this seller must be punished in some way?

Someone once owed me money for good that he had off me :ph34r: He lives in london, and when i was after his address to go for it he payed up :D(did't think i would go to london for my money) It may be only small amount, but if you have his address i would go and see him :D people tend to say what thay want on the phone or email, but face to face works better :D

I eventually got my refund, the problem is that the seller is now trying to sabotage my eBay account with non-payment strikes and negative feedback, just so I will remove the negative feedback I have given them.

I have reported them to eBay with evidence to prove my innocence, but will any action be taken against this seller?

It is actually a company, not an individual. That's partly why I trusted them to be reputable! Now I see why their feedback is good - all the negative ones have been "mutually withdrawn" probably by the same means as they are trying to impose on me! I will not remove it though.

I eventually got my refund, the problem is that the seller is now trying to sabotage my eBay account with non-payment strikes and negative feedback, just so I will remove the negative feedback I have given them.

I have reported them to eBay with evidence to prove my innocence, but will any action be taken against this seller?

It is actually a company, not an individual. That's partly why I trusted them to be reputable! Now I see why their feedback is good - all the negative ones have been "mutually withdrawn" probably by the same means as they are trying to impose on me! I will not remove it though.

Please pm me there email address if you can :D And your name Mr ? :D

Just received an email from eBay customer support (much faster than I expected). The non-payment strike has been removed from my account but no mention about the negative feedback. I have replied to them to see if they will remove my negative feedback and if they will take some sort of action against this seller.

I will try to find the address for you Gord. What you planning on doing?

If the feedback they have given you is offensive i think eBay will romove it imediately.

PS it doesnt just happen on eBay, im still waiting for some parts i bought off one of our members that i sent payment to at the start of October.

I got my refund, and it was just when I thought things were done and dusted they started this. That was even before I left any feedback.

Feedback wasn't that offensive, they just said I was a "total loser". Mature or what?

Just received an email from eBay customer support (much faster than I expected). The non-payment strike has been removed from my account but no mention about the negative feedback. I have replied to them to see if they will remove my negative feedback and if they will take some sort of action against this seller.

I will try to find the address for you Gord. What you planning on doing?

What are my plans :ph34r: 2 can play at that game :D

I've recently had hassle from an ebayer. Not of this country despite trading on eBay UK. Bloke was a complete muppet. Advertised a 3-5 day delivery time and took over a week to get back to me about payment details. Yet another week went by and still my paying him issues had not been addressed. In the end I emailed him and told him I wasn't going to buy his product as I had been and bought another 1 elsewhere whilst I waited for him to actually communicate with me. This guy is a registered trader with an eBay shop so no excuses accepted.

Without getting in touch at all he raised an unpaid item strike against me. I immediately had eBay remove this. The negative feedback I can't do anything about other than to respond to it using the response ability and rely on my exemplorary eBay feedback other than his very badly worded cack to inform people of my genuinity. I think I'd be more ****** off if I was more of a seller than a buyer.

Got another email from eBay. They have removed my unpaid item strike, but will not remove the negative feedback against me. They said my only options were to mutually withdraw feedback (in which case the seller will get off scott-free) or to file a claim of defamation, which I fully intend to do. This means filling in and posting a form via snail-mail and finding a solicitor to sign it, but I have to do this on principal because this seller cannot get away with this.

I responded to their feedback saying they were lying and leaving their comment as purely retaliatory feedback and look at their response to this (using the link in the opening post and look at the buyers feedback - me) - they said "knows all about crap - look at what she drives". I'm sure a lot of people here on LOC take offence to this and therefore back me up.

This seller should not be allowed to trade on eBay!

Hope you get it sorted...

I'm currently in the middle of a possible non-payment "hit".

Ordered an item through buy-it-now, but the Paypal process seemed to have processed my payment twice, so I immediately contacted the seller, who refunded one of my duplicated payments.

This was all fine, until a few days after I got (what must be an auto-generated) an e-mail from e-bay notifying me of non-payment... :mat:

Have replied to explain, and awaiting reply...

D. :huh:

The non-payment strike has to be triggered by the seller, it is not automatic. That's why I was suprised to find I had one after I'd been refunded the money for the item being not as described!

I've since found out they were just trying to stop me leaving negative feedback, which I wasn't actually going to do until they started this.

• 1 month later...

i am well cheesed of with eBay

and sellers who dont leave feedback till after you do,

in my eyes once i have paid i deserve feedback, i then have the right to post appropriate feedback when i recieve the goods

brought 2 lots of suede material (janey :whistling:), and when recieved them they were wrong in colour and vastly in size

not only that, after paying £15 in postage i then had to pay an extra £8 because he didnt put any stamps on the parcel

emailing the seller just results in abuse and is a waste of time, typical ****

emailing eBay and they dont want to know as the individual item was less than £10, even though the total was over £50

his latest is that i send them back and he will refund me....i dont believe he will for a minute, i am accepting the loss , and damned if i am going to trust him to refund

so i want to leave approriate feedback, but i know he will just counteract by leaving bad feedback on my unblemished record

and knowing eBay they wont remove it !!! :angry::angry::angry:

so do i leave him bad feedback knowing what his reaction will be

or just forget it and remain 100% ;)

Its crap isn't it. The only way to rise above it is to word your feedback very well and eloquently (as eloquently as you can with half a text message sized feedback allowed). Generally speaking these idiots can't even spell never mind come up with something even halfway to litterate. That feedback response the original poster received just emphasises the point. What kind of moron can only think of calling someone a loser and slag off their car type FFS. A car type it might be pointed out that he clearly sells parts for. Revenge could be to open a new account from an internet cafe. List exactly his items but with massive exclamations to the tune that they do not fit the car. Ebayer doesn't give 2 sh*ts about you etc etc etc. When the listing comes up it'll be right next to his. eBay are sh*te and will take ages to pull it down.

I really dont want to be funny or hypocritical here but did you look at that sellers feedback rating?

The % is high but the amount of negatives and neutrals and mutally withdrawn ratings they have would be ringing alarm bells straight away, I would have looked elsewhere.

On a side note, ebay/paypal dont care less if you loose cash etc and if you go get to the stage where they determine you are due for a refund they cant ensure you will get anything back anyway as it is on a "best effort" basis. Infact if you read thru the T&C's of paypal is actually states that you can not issue a chargeback from paypal thru your Ccard company- they suspend your account if you do!

I hope that you can get this sorted out anyway

Thing is when you look at a power seller and see a feedback rating of thousands you sometimes just bid and buy without reading it. You don't expect a big business to ship items that clearly don't fit. Easy mistake to make but a first day mistake yes. On the flip side you do get in business morons that don't or can't pay or mis-order whatever. Its the content of the negative and its wording you have to look at. In this case his colourful choice of feedback would make me re-consider buying something.

I did spend a while reading through their feedback, and at the time I couldn't find anything like what they have started doing to people. There was also the fact they were receiving dozens per day it took a very long time, and the vast majority were positive.

I still haven't had this issue resolved and my negative feedback remains from them which affects my rating a lot more than theirs!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Bazza. Glad it wasn't too expensive an item. I don't think I would trust using eBay for an expensive purchase!

I have done exactly the same dangerous brain, trusted a power seller. 5 days later still no word about a damaged item. I have given them until after the weekend.

All i can think is its the holiday season.

i am well cheesed of with ebay

and sellers who dont leave feedback till after you do,

in my eyes once i have paid i deserve feedback, i then have the right to post appropriate feedback when i recieve the goods

brought 2 lots of suede material (janey :whistling:), and when recieved them they were wrong in colour and vastly in size

not only that, after paying £15 in postage i then had to pay an extra £8 because he didnt put any stamps on the parcel

emailing the seller just results in abuse and is a waste of time, typical ****

emailing ebay and they dont want to know as the individual item was less than £10, even though the total was over £50

his latest is that i send them back and he will refund me....i dont believe he will for a minute, i am accepting the loss , and damned if i am going to trust him to refund

so i want to leave approriate feedback, but i know he will just counteract by leaving bad feedback on my unblemished record

and knowing ebay they wont remove it !!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

so do i leave him bad feedback knowing what his reaction will be

or just forget it and remain 100%  ;)

Yeah I agree. Once you have paid for the item you have forfilled you're end of the transaction. It bugs me when people wait for you're feedback :angry:

This really pi$$es me off too...it always seems to be the big sellers who never leave you feedback until the buyer has left theirs......

I'm still waiting for my own feedback from purchases made over 1 month ago and an gonna give the guy hassle every day until he gets his act together.

I gave up in the end from sellers. Although they did nothing wrong, nor did I, but on principal I didnt leave feedback until they did. Must be a good 6-7 that have lost out on feedbeack, but so have I? And I should'nt!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links