Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hit-n-run - Today In Bushey

derekyau

Yep.

As the title topic suggests, my car got hit, and the driver drove off without stopping like.

Luckily there was a witness, who kindly left me a note on my windscreen, with the number plate of the person's car that hit mine.

Today at about 12:30pm, went for a (late) breakfast with my Cuz on Bushey high st. Parked up. Went in for a (lovely) full English.

Came out, got into car and noticed a note left under my wiper...

Read it, then realised that someone had scraped all down the rear off side of my car!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :angry::angry::angry:

Scraped a total of 3 panels, AND even managed to scrape my alloy!!!

Full album of pics here.

Sample pics:

gallery_8417_241_194781.jpg

gallery_8417_241_153023.jpg

gallery_8417_241_262532.jpg

Could have been a lot worse damage, but its the hit-n-run principle that :tsktsk: me off.

Have reported to police. Waiting for the admin-y type stuff to go through to see if the cuplrit owns up.

Looked up the number plate, and its a Blue 2004 Nisans Primera S 1.8l registered to someone in Harrow...

And yes, there is a spot of that car's paint on mine as well.

Anyway, rant over.

D.

Did the person who left the note leave a contact number because without them i dont think you will have a claim.

I would pay the culprit a visit. If you dont get them to cough up then at least you know where they live.

Did the person who left the note leave a contact number because without them i dont think you will have a claim.

I would pay the culprit a visit. If you dont get them to cough up then at least you know where they live.

Yeah, he did. Spoke to him, and was more than happy to be a witness if required.

Quote his note "I hate people like that" wrt hit-n-runs.

Dont know the cuplrits exact address... i'm sure Scarface will though :whistling:

D.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car.

Had the same sort of thing happen to me last week :angry: when i parked up and went in a local shop.

I saw a peugeot 106 parked next to my car when i came out from the shop,i always look around my car before before i get init :winky: and noticed the back corner of the bumper on my car had been scuffed.Took a look at the peugeot to find about 1 metre of damage down the side.I goes in to every shop and asks who owns a 106 peugeot,young girl owns up and i says well you better come out and have a look at the damage youve done to my car...she says she never even felt her car touch mine :yawn::angry:

Alway got her details and spoke to her father on the phone that night...car was in a body shop and repaired and back to me by the end of the week... :)

I did speak to the police about it and they said if things dont get sorted out then i could report her for leaving the scene of a accident.Lucky for me it didnt come to that...

Hope you get it all sorted out very soon..

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links