Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back From The Body Shop

Hando

Soooo: my IS has been in the body shop for the last 2 weeks, just got her back today. There was a LOT of work needed doing: the bonnet had a nasty deep scratch on it that had been sprayed VERY badly by previous owner; there were some rust spots on the roof by the windscreen; driver side front wing had had a dent on the arch that needed re-shaping and spraying; plus it needed an all-over going over due to scratches here and there from car parks etc. Also I had a TRD front lip, TTE rear lip and spoiler that needed spraying and fitting.

After reading LOTS of body shop horror stories I tried to research and shop around as much as possible, but even then you can never be sure until you pick her up.

Anyway - the place I went to have done an amazing job! They really understood that I wanted the job done properly and went the extra mile to ensure I got it. When I picked her up they even showed me CCTV of their workshop to show that in the end they stripped down the bonnet and both wings - and priming them twice to make sure the result was good enough. All this and a courtesy car too, and a full valet INCLUDING engine bay steam clean!!!! Oh, and I got some new number plates thrown in cos the old ones were looking manky and they even made sure it was the correct US size rear plate!

I can now recomend the place to all (the owner even owns an IS so they know about them) in fact I don't think I can reccomend them highly enough!

They're in West London just off the A40 and it's called Xclusive Body Works. their web page. If their page isn't working and you're interested PM me for contact details.

Anyway - here's some pics which don't really do it justice and I just WISH I had some "before" pics so you could see the improvement.

front.jpg

back.jpg

One very happy hando! (just the wheels to go next!)

:driving:

I know the dude... Niraj right. He's got a W reg silver IS, which he's selling.

How much did it cost you?

Actually it's Minesh - but yeah he's selling his car. Great guy!

Cost was 1200 but it was ALOT of work and cheaper than most of the quotes I got.

Yeah niraj and minesh are brothers.

I've seen some of there work.. ;)

Ah, I see. Actually, Purvesh, I think I might have got their details from a post you made on here about a year back offering help to someone else. If it was you - cheers! :D

Ah you have a good memory kind sir... :D

Looky here

Glad they looked after you and you got the results you were looking for.

Just out of interest, do you have a short arial or has it snapped off? :blink:

Yep they certainly did.

And it's a short arial - looks pretty but the reception is cack (but I don't listen to radio so I'm happy). :)

Just off the A40

Even nearer to me than I thought.

I am now seriously tempted........................

Thanks Hando

Do you have the address because for some reason their website is banned by my companys Websense

Sorry to butt in Hando - nice job BTW. Glad it all came up perfect for you. :winky:

Their address on the site is Unit B4, Eldon Way, Park Royal, London. NW10

Ring 0208 963 3777

Fax 0208 963 3766

Thanks

I'll let the weather warm up and I wil probably go for it.

All I need is the bonnet and front bumper resprayed with some better protection than the original paint.

Although now the M25 roadworks have finished I have not noticed any more chips.

Nice review Alex!! Car is looking mint now! :)

Purvesh...spoke to Minesh today, gonna be popping over to Xclusive this week for a quote on some long over due repairs! Nice guy..very helpful!! Youg onna be in the area??

Thanks for the tip Hando! My GS is mint apart from serious scuffing on front and rear bumpers. Will get a quote from these guys..and they can get hold of the Lexus paint no problem?

Don't see why not - but give 'em a ring and check, they're very helpful.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links