Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took Delivery This Weekend - It's Twins!

Well the wife and I picked up our 220d SEs with MM on Saturday and we are rather pleased - both with Lexus Leeds and the cars!

Interestingly one came with Bridgestone tyres and the other with Dunlop, neither had mudflaps.

After a mild panic attack when we thought our mobile phones wouldn't complete the Bluetooth regististration (Nokia N70s), we finally got them to work. If anyone else has this phone, go through the registration process, the phone will complete but the car will continue to wait, cancel the process on the menu, and then force the phone to connect to the car and go back into the register process, it will then realise that the connection is done! How did I find out? By swearing a lot and shear bloody mindlessness! :lol: Anyway, about three hours later everything was pretty much setup as required - without too much reading of the manuals - thank goodness!

Having taken both cars out for a bit of a spin and I'm getting just over 42mpg, but not that many miles on either clock yet! No rattles in mine (yet), but the wife had an initial rattle from the passenger air vent (the one near the window) but this seems to have stopped now.

Busy creating MP3 CDs (shame you can't do this onto a DVD) and ordering the AutoPower 3000 Car Charger with additional itips from expansys for the central storage box.

regards,

David

Congrats to both of you on your purchase! Which colours did you go for ?

I'd be interested to hear who has the least road noise as you have different tyres, I also have the bridgestones. My only bugbear with my IS220d is the road noise at night (well, putting aside rattles and fuel consumption :D ).

Why would road noise be worse at night?

At night I tend to turn off the music or have it on very low, stick the cruise control on and relax. The car is very quiet when cruising but you hear the constant road noise, it would be nice if I could reduce this by changing to a different make of tyre.

Why would road noise be worse at night?

Probably 'cos Scott needs a quiet ride home after a long stressful day filled with whinging clients!!

Mine has Bridgestone 050's, and I have been told that these are actually the quieter ones...so I am waiting eagerly for Smeatons...once he stops playing with his new toys and come back to the real world!!

Scott, the colours we went for are the two slates: Brechin Slate and Cadoxton Slate.

I still can't decide which I prefer. The Cadoxton because its a nice black but a pain in the :tsktsk: to clean and Brechin because it makes the car look light and sporty! Both have the Pembroke black leather interior. And yes I did get a very good discount!

The tyres question is interesting, it's too early to say just yet and I need to drive on the same bit of road. To be honest my feeling at the moment is that I don't think there is that much difference. I'll come back with an answer after a more robust test though.

I have to say that on this mornings commute there was a wonderful section on the M18 that has recently been resurfaced which is almost slient (on the Bridgestones) and I think the government should immediately start of programme of resurfacing everywhere using this material :hehe: - afterall that fuel tax needs to be spent on something!

...and of course I'm still having those mild panic attacks... "Is it really really locked or is it just pretending? How do I check without opening the damn thing?" kind of moments.

regards,

David

Probably 'cos Scott needs a quiet ride home after a long stressful day filled with whinging clients!!

Jamboo, you hit the nail on the head and the IS220d IS a nice place to unwind after a long day. Some days I'm arriving home when my neighbors are leaving for work :ohmy:

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS

Congrats on the purchase ;)

Cheers.

Well just for you here are a couple of pictures. Not the best because it was going dark though, so I'll try and update them at the weekend.

regards,

David

his2.jpg

hers2.jpg

SELFISH :tsktsk: you have two and i dont even have one :hehe:

congratulations on your purchase, if you ever get bored of one and wish to give thespare one away, i know a good home for it :whistling: :D