Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 And Is220 - Bluetooth Phones

Thought I'd start this post and keep it just on phones with MM :)

Tried to connect my Sony Ericson W800i, got ot to connect, but couldn't get access to the phonebook. When I tried to connect to phonebook Bluetooth disconeected :( Did put a couple of phone numbers in by hand but didn't get them to dial.

Anybody else want to add there experiences good or bad?

Thought I'd start this post and keep it just on phones with MM :)

Tried to connect my Sony Ericson W800i, got ot to connect, but couldn't get access to the phonebook. When I tried to connect to phonebook bluetooth disconeected :( Did put a couple of phone numbers in by hand but didn't get them to dial.

Anybody else want to add there experiences good or bad?

The Sony Ericsson K750i workd perfectly in my IS250 SE-L, although I never tried transferring a whole lot of numbers. I just entered them individually as there were not that many. The speed dial works a treat by the way. :D

Siemens S55 and O2 XDA IIs both connected with no problems. Transferred numbers from Outlook Contacts on the XDA - if more than one number on file for a single contact, multiple entries are created on the Lexus so I had to be selective and add some in manually.

No Battery or signal strength indication with either of these phones but the auto pickup and the volume are both very effective.

HI

I had the same with the sony The trick is to transfer all the simm contents to the main phone memory. When done go to the main menu on the phone choose business cards> transfer< all by Bluetooth and viola they will all transfer over .Took me about an hour to figure it out If you still have problems let me know

Alan

I managed to do mine one at a time as I only wanted about half the phone book ( so that's about 10 ). What a game though !! Only problem was Bluetooth kept disconnecting and reconnecting each time. So then saved them all to sped dial. So we'll see if it all works in the morning when I get in the car.

I managed to do mine one at a time as I only wanted about half the phone book ( so that's about 10 ). What a game though !! Only problem was bluetooth kept disconnecting and reconnecting each time. So then saved them all to sped dial. So we'll see if it all works in the morning when I get in the car.

Steve,

don't forget that you can also personalise the Mic/Speaker volumes/voice quality settings using the light stalk hack:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&hl=info+button

Get the settings wrong and the calling party gets echo etc...so use with caution!!

It seemed fine today. Also discovered that from contacts on the phone you can do more / advanced / tranfer all. Didn't try it as I have got all I need.

Just a note.. carrying on from previous threads on this topic. I am now in contact with motorola tech support regarding the V3x problems. I've since found out not only will it not auto pair correctly, the connection drops out after about 30 minutes.

V3 still fine; D600 still fine.

Very old Bluetooth Nokia I found in a box at home also works OK!

Bottom line appears to be:

Nokia - Bluetooth connections is good, pairing a doddle - but no information on signal/battery

Sony Eric - Ditto as above but also can transfer phone book on mass

Motorolla - limited on the V3x (pairing and connecting) butV3 does indicate the signal and/or Battery

Looks like Sony Erics to me as the most compatible.

One interesting thing - dropped kids to school, started the car and it paired to my Nokia 6230i... drove out of the garage and drove off the drive, Bluetooth disconnected...

Me thinks - "that's strange"

Come back up the drive after dropping kiddies off and "Bluetooth Connection" appears on the screen...

Then checked my pocket - no phone :o

Slammed the breaks on thinking my phone was lying outside on the drive or in the garage....looked under the car, in the garage....looked for broken/shattered plastic everywhere...no phone or bits anywhere :o

Started car...Bluetooth connected....dialled "123"...got a slightly warbly/distorted "Speaking clock"....

Went in the house...couldn't find the phone....now I was getting worried....

Went upstairs to the bedroom....my phone was still on the bed...

It appears that the Bluetooth connects to distances well over 10 meters....amazing! That's much better than my Jabra BT200 headsets which gets warbly even if the phone is in my pocket or out of sight within 1 meter!!!

Bottom line appears to be:

Nokia - Bluetooth connections is good, pairing a doddle - but no information on signal/battery

Sony Eric - Ditto as above but also can transfer phone book on mass

No quite :)

The Nokia N70 has problems with the inital pairing but is fine once done (see http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=32652 for more details).

However, you can send the entire phonebook in one hit.

Signal and Battery info is not displayed.

regards,

David

• 4 months later...

Motorola Razr V3x, will pair manually wont show Battery level, but will show signal.

Wont Auto Connect at all, Motorola tech support much use as a chocolate teapot, only told me to buy a motorola hands free kit ...

Amazingly frustrating

Would love to hear from anyone else who has my phone config who has it working.

Steve.

I found the following link useful http://www.lexus.com/models/bluetooth/index.html?model=LX some of the phones have UK equivalents.

I understand the transfer number 1 by 1 is a security feature of some manufacturers to stop people downloading all your contacts and that Sony Erricson does not enable this feature hence should be ok.

I've also read that sometimes having +44 international prefix can cause problems and not sure if multiple numbers for the same contact always transfer

I've gone for a Sony 510i and can try it out on 24th Oct when my IS arrives !!! can't wait

• 4 months later...

Just picked up my 06 Messa Red 250is sport - well pleased - all works !!*!! except my sony ericsson p910i **!!

phone sees the car as "handsfree" but the car don't see the phone - is this something other members have experienced - before i waste the next week trying to get it to work

Cheers

Eddie

Just picked up my 06 Messa Red 250is sport - well pleased - all works !!*!! except my sony ericsson p910i **!!

phone sees the car as "handsfree" but the car don't see the phone - is this something other members have experienced - before i waste the next week trying to get it to work

Cheers

Eddie

Nice one mate - like the colour!!

If I recall, the P series are the only dodgy ones from the SE range. PM me your email address and I will send a PDF file that has some phones listed on it - this file is old, but it was provided by my dealer.

J

PS - Welcome and enjoy!

PPS - just checked on it - the P900i is "NO", and the P910i is a "2" which means partial. All SE phones (and everyting else too) is a "2" so I am surprised. Take in to the dealer, that's the best bet, I'm sure they'll sort it.

Cheers

Eddie

My SE K800i works seamlessly after having initial probs with the PIN. Recognises the complete address book from the phone, so haven't bothered to to do a separate mass transfer of addresses. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links