Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Paint And Polish

Well, this is what happens when you've a few hours of TOIL to catch up on! I was gonna stick these on the Car Care and detailing forum, but thought more people might want to see the Mesa red in action (especially as we seem to be sparse with new IS pictures on this firum).

You have to see it in tghe flesh - the photo's don't really do it justice!!

One coat of Carlack68 AIO, 2 coats of Carlack68 long Life Sealant Glaze (aka Klasse SG), and just one coat of P21s Carnauba Wax...so far :D

110dz.jpg

129ka.jpg

139np.jpg

50ki.jpg

47la.jpg

211ly.jpg

229kb.jpg

32sp1.jpg

Hard work, but boy is it worth it! The paintwork is like silk the minute the first coat of SG is removed. I was looking at eBay and saw loads of Supagard kits for sale at £20 or less, and the dealers really are doing us all in, though to be fair it took a few hours of labour (and the missus helped).

Anyway, the kit cost about £55, plus Microfibres/towles etc, so approx £65 in total, and I have enough to do 10's of more cars in the same way. I think it's worth every penny!!

PS - new cars seem to come so deep in colour and with zerosih swirls, so it's good to do this straight away in my view. You could go further and go for Prewax etc, but it's all too anoraky at that level!

Very nice. Impressive.

How about doing something with the flower beds? :winky:

JFB

:lol::lol: Been too busy with the toy!

Hi J. Looks the dog's cahunas...what date should I bring mine around for the treatment :D - assuming of course it ever actually arrives with me in the first place :D

The other toy ( see piccy link below) was done with cheapo hand car wash shampoo, and simoniz tin wax. Think I am gonna have to look into this Klasse stuff now :winky:

Very nice. Impressive.

JFB

Hi J. Looks the dog's cahunas...what date should I bring mine around for the treatment :D - assuming of course it ever actually arrives with me in the first place :D

The other toy ( see piccy link below) was done with cheapo hand car wash shampoo, and simoniz tin wax. Think I am gonna have to look into this Klasse stuff now :winky:

It's a fantastic toy you have there...must be your pride and joy!! I've never had a soft top, but recently I've been thinking....

When the Missus's Honda Jazz is due for a replacement, I might jst get an A4 Conv, Honda S2000, or a Z4!!

Anyway, the biggest difference was not the Carnauba - it was actually the SG. It's an acrylic wax that is much harder wearing than the Carnauba, which can almost evaporate in the hot sun!! That SG is just so good, but you need a good clean paint job to start with.

Very nice. Impressive.

JFB

It's a fantastic toy you have there...must be your pride and joy!! I've never had a soft top, but recently I've been thinking....

When the Missus's Honda Jazz is due for a replacement, I might jst get an A4 Conv, Honda S2000, or a Z4!!

Anyway, the biggest difference was not the Carnauba - it was actually the SG. It's an acrylic wax that is much harder wearing than the Carnauba, which can almost evaporate in the hot sun!! That SG is just so good, but you need a good clean paint job to start with.

got to be the honda - z4 is not much better than that girlies z3.

Will def try the SG. Paint on the hawke is 11 years old now,( Nissan red ) and only really gets the hot sun on it ( so not very often of course in UK ). So waht is the AIO you used first... a cleaner / shampoo or what?

Very nice. Impressive.

JFB

Will def try the SG. Paint on the hawke is 11 years old now,( Nissan red ) and only really gets the hot sun on it ( so not very often of course in UK ). So waht is the AIO you used first... a cleaner / shampoo or what?

Try "Sytematic Care" kit at Carsparkle.co.uk

AIO = Carlack68 Systematic Care

SG = Carlack68 known as "Acrylic Wax" Long Life Sealant (both products apparently made by the same company in germany and sold as "Klasse" in the USA).

Carnauba P21s = finishing and detailing wax (optional, but I would recommend it).

They work out cheaper bought together now. The AIO is a cleaner, polish and sealant glaze all in one. I have found it needs the added long life treatment to really seal it in!!!

SO this is what I did:

Washed the car with Cheapo Simoniz Car Shampoo (with added wax)

AIO, one coat, allowd 45 minutes to haze over and "cure" (needs a minimum of 20 minutes to cure)

24 hours later 1st coat of SG, removed after it hazed over, but I think I put it on too thick...so it was hard work to polish out :duh:

24 hours later 2nd coat of SG, this time thinner, so it came off easier, again after it hazed over (left it for an hour or two.

24 hours later one coat of P21s Carnauba Wax

Carnuaba Wax is very soft. It does harden over 24/48 hours. It goes on like oil....and spreads and spreads...unlike Turtle wax or other chalky waxes...which seem coarse in comparison. This Carnauba stuff is just like Beezwax and it's good for "finishing" and brings a deep wet shine. I would only use this type of wax as it has no abrasives in it which could remove the SG....at £18 a tub it's not cheap but once you've used it you see the difference in quality and realise it's good stuff.

Yobs at the hand car wash could remove Carnauba by using very strong detergents and bad sponges!!!!

I reckon the Carlack stuff (both applied) should last up to 18 months at least if not much longer if you put Carnauba or other wax on it and/or you garage the car at night. It should be atleast as good as Supagard if not better.

Very nice. Impressive.

JFB

Try "Sytematic Care" kit at Carsparkle.co.uk

AIO = Carlack68 Systematic Care

SG = Carlack68 known as "Acrylic Wax" Long Life Sealant (both products apparently made by the same company in germany and sold as "Klasse" in the USA).

Carnauba P21s = finishing and detailing wax (optional, but I would recommend it).

They work out cheaper bought together now. The AIO is a cleaner, polish and sealant glaze all in one. I have found it needs the added long life treatment to really seal it in!!!

SO this is what I did:

Washed the car with Cheapo Simoniz Car Shampoo (with added wax)

AIO, one coat, allowd 45 minutes to haze over and "cure" (needs a minimum of 20 minutes to cure)

24 hours later 1st coat of SG, removed after it hazed over, but I think I put it on too thick...so it was hard work to polish out :duh:

24 hours later 2nd coat of SG, this time thinner, so it came off easier, again after it hazed over (left it for an hour or two.

24 hours later one coat of P21s Carnauba Wax

Carnuaba Wax is very soft. It does harden over 24/48 hours. It goes on like oil....and spreads and spreads...unlike Turtle wax or other chalky waxes...which seem coarse in comparison. This Carnauba stuff is just like Beezwax and it's good for "finishing" and brings a deep wet shine. I would only use this type of wax as it has no abrasives in it which could remove the SG....at £18 a tub it's not cheap but once you've used it you see the difference in quality and realise it's good stuff.

Yobs at the hand car wash could remove Carnauba by using very strong detergents and bad sponges!!!!

I reckon the Carlack stuff (both applied) should last up to 18 months at least if not much longer if you put Carnauba or other wax on it and/or you garage the car at night. It should be atleast as good as Supagard if not better.

Hi matey....tryin to order the "kit" as recommended by you from Carspakle - how did you get the discount? my LOC member number is not being accepted in thier "discount number box". I want to use the treatment on the Hawke. Incidentally, I take it you have to remove the first coat of the AIO before applying the first SG - so does this mean that the AIO is not just a "wash" but more like a ploish in itself??

The SEL ( when it arrives :-) ) will be having supaguard treatment in and out at lexus Chester ( already part of the overall package I negotiated at sale) - apparantely they actually do it themselves on site - not subbed-out - so don't think I should use this lot on the Lexus ?? - not for a while anyway...what do peeps think??

Hi matey....tryin to order the "kit" as recommended by you from Carspakle - how did you get the discount? my LOC member number is not being accepted in thier "discount number box". I want to use the treatment on the Hawke. Incidentally, I take it you have to remove the first coat of the AIO before applying the first SG - so does this mean that the AIO is not just a "wash" but more like a ploish in itself??

The SEL ( when it arrives :-) ) will be having supaguard treatment in and out at lexus Chester ( already part of the overall package I negotiated at sale) - apparantely they actually do it themselves on site - not subbed-out - so don't think I should use this lot on the Lexus ?? - not for a while anyway...what do peeps think??

I never got the gold discount...best to call them unless anyone can help...

The AIO is a polish and will remove Supagard...so don't do this to the new car for 18 months or until you think the Supagard's worn out!!!! You should remove the AIO first, though in "german translation English" it says you don't need to on the bottle...I'd be concerned that the AIO will make the SG ineffective if SG is applied over hazed AIO....

You might get away with the Carnauba wax though - other may be ablw to comment, or the dealer should be able to tell you as Carnauba is very mild....and you should get a leaflet and pack with Supagard which should tell you all you need to know...apparently!!

The Hawke will "glow"...just wait and see!!!!

:;-):

Hi,

Mark from CARSparkle here, 10% discount code is LEXUS010.

At the moment we are moving all our new stock down to Essex to our logistics company so in the meantime we have a 'temporary closing down sale' as the web site will be down for a few days while we change the system to accomodate the new dispatch location. The discount codes are disabled but thats because of the massive reductions we are having at the moment.

We are actually out of stock with the P21S/CarLack68-SC/LLS but this will arrive late next week or early the week after. Prices will rise again but not before '2-3 days of extra sale time' so keep checking for the stock to come in as you can still get yourself a deal. ;)

Jamboo - your car looks fantastic by the way, if you would like it to appear in the CL68 product pages please let me know. :D

Best regards,

Mark

The AIO is a polish and will remove Supagard...so don't do this to the new car for 18 months or until you think the Supagard's worn out!!!! You should remove the AIO first, though in "german translation English" it says you don't need to on the bottle...I'd be concerned that the AIO will make the SG ineffective if SG is applied over hazed AIO....

You might get away with the Carnauba wax though - other may be ablw to comment, or the dealer should be able to tell you as Carnauba is very mild....and you should get a leaflet and pack with Supagard which should tell you all you need to know...apparently!!

great stuff, im wanting some of the carlack68-sc and ps21 wax so if i order say this time next week all will be ok. is there no carlack69-sc left in any bottle size?

Hi,

Mark from CARSparkle here, 10% discount code is LEXUS010.

At the moment we are moving all our new stock down to Essex to our logistics company so in the meantime we have a 'temporary closing down sale' as the web site will be down for a few days while we change the system to accomodate the new dispatch location. The discount codes are disabled but thats because of the massive reductions we are having at the moment.

We are actually out of stock with the P21S/CarLack68-SC/LLS but this will arrive late next week or early the week after. Prices will rise again but not before '2-3 days of extra sale time' so keep checking for the stock to come in as you can still get yourself a deal. ;)

Jamboo - your car looks fantastic by the way, if you would like it to appear in the CL68 product pages please let me know. :D

Best regards,

Mark

At the moment we only have the 300ml and the 3000ml, en route are the 500 and 1000ml bottles. :)

If you do order, be sure to use the affiliate rediction so Lexus gets more kudos. ;)

To be honest, since the sale has started (last Friday) our stock has been completely wiped out and even though once the sale has ended I suspect we may well modify the prices but not to their original levels. In other words I may just keep the pricing very close to the current sale costings.

Mark

great stuff, im wanting some of the carlack68-sc and ps21 wax so if i order say this time next week all will be ok. is there no carlack69-sc left in any bottle size?

Ivan - I thought I'd get a company to do mine too, but after seeing some posts here, I bought the same products Jamboo used and did it myself. It's not too-hard at all and really doesn't take very long. Carlack & P21S are very easy to use. I would recommend you do it yourself.

Ivan - I thought I'd get a company to do mine too, but after seeing some posts here, I bought the same products Jamboo used and did it myself. It's not too-hard at all and really doesn't take very long. Carlack & P21S are very easy to use. I would recommend you do it yourself.

DIY is not too difficult, just need to set your self some time to do it, preferably when it's not sunny and not raining (if there is such a thing this year).

PS - I have forgotten to mention, but I applied Car Lack to the alloys too. 'cos it's not abrasive it ought to be safe.

• 4 weeks later...