Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod installed into my 2001 GS 430

Didn't take long. The Ipod is the new 8Gb Nano which came out a couple of weeks ago.

The Ipod is controlled from the steering wheel controls, the touch screen or the radio controls.

When contacted the Ipod controls are not operational.

Sound fantastic as it is hard wired into the lexus wiring loom

Hope this upload works!!!!

ipodinstalled001qi6.jpg

ipodinstalled002su4.jpg

ipodinstalled003xg1.jpg

ipodinstalled004nd8.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the pm LexAzur. I dropped them an email and they said they haven't tested it on a european is200. Thats not going to stop me researching the matter though. I'm sure the is300 radio is the same as the is200.

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

download the manual from the site it details what systems will do depending on age etc.

i'm going to get the model number off my radio and ask around on the us forums to see if the is300 radio is the same model number. (top loading 6cd premium job found in the is200 se)

Hi everyone who asked questions

They said the same to me when I spoke to them that it had not been used on a non US car. It has now and it works fine. :D

Yes it takes the power from the Ipod connection lead so it is charging when the key is switched to acc.

It took me 1 hour 15 mins to fit, most of that time spend trying to deceide where to put the ipod and cut the wire access hole.

The unit is a piece of cake to program.

Yes it should work on an older system, I might put into my GS 300 1993 as well.

This is what I fitted into my GS430

SoundLinQ Kit (model SLI)-Auxilary Input Adapter with apple IPod

It cost $ 220 plus shipping which to Monaco was shipped with UPS and cost € 62.50

If any one has any further questions please feel free to ask me

looks like a great solution!

does the ipod get power from this connector too?

I have a GS430 from 2001 as well, so please let us know which connector you used.

Hi Paul

Do you need any more info re the Ipod install??

Guy

Very nice, I too would be intreasted to know how you did this

Thanks

Paul

Sorry just seen the above link, this explains it all

This is a good bit of kit, may have to got one.

My next question is do all GS;s with nav have the MD text function as the CD changer dont support it?

Hi Paul

You have a couple of options to program the electronic box to set it to MD od CD Changer.

Mine is a 2001 model so I guess yours must be similar as yours is 2002.

Mine has sat nav, touch screen and 6 disc changer in glove box ( now redundent :D )

I first set it too CD but than relised I could try the MD program and it works.

NO cutting wires it comes with the lexus factory wired connectors for the radio included and all you do is plug it into the existing wiring loom.

Hi Colin, mine came from them and that is what I was invoiced, the guy I spoke to in the States was this guy

Eugene Kaspin [info@vaistech.com].

Even if its more its a small price to pay to solve this problem and they are the only people who can offer this good a solution with the minium amount of fuss to fit.

Hope this helps

Any more questions

Sorry just seen the above link, this explains it all

This is a good bit of kit, may have to got one.

My next question is do all GS;s with nav have the MD text function as the CD changer dont support it?

Hi Mr-Lex

I think they do but are updating at the moment.

Here's the link is this what you want??

www.vaistech.com/home.html

Guy

Yep that's the one! gs-dvd.jpg Thanks for the link :winky:

"AVIC-100 Audio/Video Auxiliary Input Adapter

(fit most Toyota/Lexus vehicles 2001-2005 with Navigation System)

The AVIC-100 adapter allows you to add an Audio/Video source such as a DVD player, Camcorder or Gaming System. It also allows you to have a separate Audio Auxiliary Input (for devices such as MP3 Player, Satellite Radio Receiver, etc.) and Video input dedicated for Rearview Camera or "Baby" camera.

Adapter provides outstanding quality of audio and video signals while maintains the full functionality of all factory installed components."

Seems a really good unit and yet using OEM system :D

I think I know someone who will be really happy with this :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links