Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

My computer has suffered a major failure so much of my accrued data is lost forever.

I remember seeing a UK supplier of genuine Lexus Oil filters at around £9.00 but of course now I cannot find them also which oil is recommended.

Help with either would be nice,

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

My computer has suffered a major failure so much of my accrued data is lost forever.

I remember seeing a UK supplier of genuine Lexus Oil filters at around £9.00 but of course now I cannot find them also which oil is recommended.

Help with either would be nice,

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

As for oil filter, I'm not sure of the supplier. I usually buy an ADL Blue Print filter for my LS for £7.54 from my local autospare shop. However if you find the details of the supplier, I would be interested in buying a genuine Toyota filter for my next oil change which is now due. The reason being because I remeber reading somewhere (don't hold me to this) that genuine Toyota filter for the LS has a oneway valve which stops the oil from draining from the filter when you turn the engine off, so oil reaches all part sof the engine must faster on start up, which is very useful on cold start-ups.

As for oil, you can even run the the 1UZ-FE engine of the LS on 10W-40 oil if you wanted. If you wanted to go for a bit more of an expensive oil, you can go for 5W-30.

I personally use Mobile1 0W-40 or Castrol RS 0W-40 fully synthetic in my LS. The reason being that in the UK the temperature is faily cold and you want the oil to be as thin as possible on startup, hence the 0W. When the engine gets hot, the 40 weight will give you protection against the higher engine temperatures that one would experience in the summer months.

You can run 10W-40 or 5W-30, but if you want the best fuel consumption (since a heavy oil will drag the engine and eat up horsepower), ultimate protection, performance with a quiet sound, I would stick with 0W-40 oil. Mobile1 0W-40 is pretty expensive if you buy it from Halfords etc. I usually buy it from Costco where I can buy a 4 litre can for £23.44 inc Vat which is a very good price I think. (But remeber the 1UZ-FE takes around 5.3 litres if i'm not mistaken). In the long run buying a quality oil pays dividends.

I've found that Mobile 0W-40 runs fantasic on my car. I am thinking of perhaps using a 0W-30 fully synthtic formulation (such as one from Castrol) in the winter months which will have slightly more bias towards the thinner side and sticking with the 0W-40 in summer....I am still undecided.......

GoldfingerLS, as far as I can remember this was a blue print filter,I was told when enquiring to ask for the one with the one-way valve as the one supplied at the local shop was a Mann but without the valve,I'll contact them and see if I can get a part number as the filter carton is long gone,will post it when I find out. Ian.

Steve its very rare that a computer goes so titsup that you permanently lose everything unless someones taken a hammer to the hard drive, which after all is where the datas held.

I am sure that with a bit of effort I could retrieve most if not all of your data and return it to you.

PM or reply if you are interested

Bear in mind I'm off to France for the weekend tomorrow (Friday) lunchtime so I may not see a reply till I get back.

Cheers

Dave

Steve its very rare that a computer goes so titsup that you permanently lose everything unless someones taken a hammer to the hard drive, which after all is where the datas held.

I am sure that with a bit of effort I could retrieve most if not all of your data and return it to you.

PM or reply if you are interested

Bear in mind I'm off to France for the weekend tomorrow (Friday) lunchtime so I may not see a reply till I get back.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

I did back up most of my files on a 2nd HDD but the main windows drive did fry itself and was replaced ( and I guess by now is dumped/recycled) so I lost all my favourites in explorer but most of my important data is safe.

It's just annoying having seen this site and now not being able to find it again.

Many thanks for the offer,

Cheers,

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links