Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone With An Is220d Sport Fitted The Eibach Lowering Springs?

Hey all,

Anyone with an IS220d SPORT fitted the Eibach lowering springs?

If so, impressions - I know the sport has lowering springs - anyone know who makes/developed them?

Brian :)

Brian,

My Eibach ProSet came from the US and they do a different part number for the Sport & 350 as they are both already dropped a little. The Eibach Springs for the 250 are a different part number in the US than the European and different spec. I've posted the history on the WIM forum so rather than repeat it all, visit the WIM site as there are also pics of the car on the lift after the geometry checks with the spring and new boots fitted. :)

Hey all,

If so, impressions - I know the sport has lowering springs - anyone know who makes/developed them?

Brian,

My Eibach ProSet came from the US and they do a different part number for the Sport & 350 as they are both already dropped a little. The Eibach Springs for the 250 are a different part number in the US than the European and different spec. I've posted the history on the WIM forum so rather than repeat it all, visit the WIM site as there are also pics of the car on the lift after the geometry checks with the spring and new boots fitted. :)

Here is the link http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...p?showtopic=660 Read how i panic when it looks like the coils over relaxed :o It turns out to be Tango's camera trickery :angry:

Hey all,

Thanks for that - looks cool but I would be worried fitting them without the geometry settings or people with the expertise to get the geometry correct on first fit [:)]

I assume the EU spec Eibachs have a smaller drop and slacker feel?

Brian [:)]

Hey all,

Thanks for that - looks cool but I would be worried fitting them without the geometry settings or people with the expertise to get the geometry correct on first fit [:)]

Brian [:)]

The Geometry positions were not available anywhere this is why we took an image before fitting the coils.... Unfortunately though the new model does not have adjustable camber, this is the most violated angle when lowering so we manipulated the toe to suit....

Tango has since found the exact positions from the US if anyone needs them.

Brian..according to Eibach, Germany the EU spec springs for the non-sport 250 are designed with a drop of 30 mm all round, the US spec is 34.3 mm front and 25.4 mm rear. The wire gauge of the US springs is marginally bigger than the EU so they have a slightly harder feel and designed to have a more progressive loading than the linear loading of the EU springs.

I don't know if Eibach have an EU spring set for the 250 Sport, but they manufacture a US set for the 350 (part number is in the post from the WIM forum) which drops the 350 lower than the standard setting which is similar, if not the same, as the 250 Sport.

Brian [ :) ]

The Geometry positions were not available anywhere this is why we took an image before fitting the coils.... Unfortunately though the new model does not have adjustable camber, this is the most violated angle when lowering so we manipulated the toe to suit....

Tango has since found the exact positions from the US if anyone needs them.

Tony...I obtained the print out of the standard geometry settings from someone in Lexus UK who asked not to be identified, :whistling:

Also as a matter of interest, Lexus measured the depth of tread across the Toyo's when it was in for the first service and there's no variation across the entire width of any of the tyres, albeit the car's only covered 1200 miles since fitting :) .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links