Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Stereo

i,ve recently purchased a lexus is 200 and the cd player won't eject the cds you can hear the motor working away but will not eject the cd's when you try to play them it comes up error 3 i've tried disconnecting the Battery to see if this resolves the problem but to no avail, is there a way to get the discs out other than to send the unit off.

can i get a boot changer that will run off this head unit or can i get the head unit repaired and if so where, i'm LED to believe that the is 200 has an amp which is hard to get audio wires to fit aftrmarket units ( to many myths an rumours) somebody must know the answers.

Many thanks Dan

Edited by 520222

ahh the dreded err3 again i thought it had gone quiet on this subject for a little while, your best looking at the aftermarket stereo it will save you a fair bit of your hard earnt cash, rather than lexus sending the old one back to the japs for repair, then it breaking down on you six months down the line

It cost me £200 for a half desent stereo system £25 for a new Facia and £75 for fitting all done by local fitter, Lexus wanted £400+ i would have also been without a stereo for up to 3 weeks :duh:

Yes its hard (but not imposssible speak to Fargo) to find the right connecters to run of the amp wich is behind the glove box

They gave me the old stereo back and with a hammer and screwdriver I manage to retrieve my cd's

as for running another changer i'm sure one of the techies can help

ahh the dreded err3 again i thought it had gone quiet on this subject for a little while, your best looking at the aftermarket stereo it will save you a fair bit of your hard earnt cash, rather than lexus sending the old one back to the japs for repair, then it breaking down on you six months down the line

It cost me £200 for a half desent stereo system £25 for a new Facia and £75 for fitting all done by local fitter, Lexus wanted £400+ i would have also been without a stereo for up to 3 weeks :duh:

Yes its hard (but not imposssible speak to Fargo) to find the right connecters to run of the amp wich is behind the glove box

They gave me the old stereo back and with a hammer and screwdriver I manage to retrieve my cd's

Cheers for the speedy response, when they fitted the aftrmarket stereo did they bypass your amp or does that still work? also can you remember who did it as they may be able to supply me a cable for lexus to iso as i'm struggling with that an don't fancy cutting genuine looms.

Many Thanks Dan

Yep they bypassed the amp even gave me it back i'm not really sure what connectors if any they used lee_iceman has left a link for the connectors hope this helps

Cheers for the speedy response, when they fitted the aftrmarket stereo did they bypass your amp or does that still work? also can you remember who did it as they may be able to supply me a cable for lexus to iso as i'm struggling with that an don't fancy cutting genuine looms.

Many Thanks Dan

Or if like me you want to keep the 'oem' look try going direct to : -

Autosound Ltd

Telephone: +44 (0) 1274 688990

E-Mail: sales@autosound.ltd.uk

I paid £329 including VAT and return delivery and took about 10 days.

The whole CD mechanisum is changed!

Autosound Ltd

Thanx Jonnyb just phoned them. Sending unit off tomorrow

Autosound Ltd

Let us know how you get on with that, because mine was changed and then went again just over a year later.

£300 is a lot for it to go wrong again a year later.

Could someone please tell me what an error 1 code is on the CD player

i sometimes get this but more often with copy cd's,switch off or switch changer to different cd and it starts working again.

maybe it has trouble reading low quality cd's!

my head unit is the later type :)

One is for the aerial connector, the other is the backlight dimmer if your aftermarket stereo has that function

so you mean they go into the new head unit?...what about the aerial connector?

No mate, the blue one (aerial) needs a scotch lock to the thin black cable on the aerial harness in the car. The orange one needs attaching to a circuit that dims, mine is attached to my edfc controller but you could attach it straight to the dimmer switch by the drivers leg.

i,ve recently purchased a lexus is 200 and the cd player won't eject the cds you can hear the motor working away but will not eject the cd's when you try to play them it comes up error 3 i've tried disconnecting the battery to see if this resolves the problem but to no avail, is there a way to get the discs out other than to send the unit off.

can i get a boot changer that will run off this head unit or can i get the head unit repaired and if so where, i'm led to believe that the is 200 has an amp which is hard to get audio wires to fit aftrmarket units ( to many myths an rumours) somebody must know the answers.

Many thanks Dan

It's really easy to get the cd's out, just a bit of patience and and a small screwdriver. mine did the 'dreaded err3' I took the cd's out and 6months down the line Iv'e had no problems.

lift up and unclip the felt pad above the centre air vents

undo the 2x 10mm bolts

pull firmly the air vents out.

undo the two 10mm bolts that were under there

pul the heater switches out from underneath sliding towards you

undo the 2x 10mm bolts that were behind them

NOW V IMPORTANT, MASKING TAPE up either side the air con unit and the stereo on the dash

lift the stereo and air con out carefully as to not damage the dash

unclip the connectors from the back

undo the the stereo from the side brackets (again bolts and I think they were 10mm if i remember right, about 6 in total) and take off

you will need a small posidrive screw driver

I think there is 2 small screws in the back and side to undo the top metal cover

there is a sring mecanism that clamps the cd trays down, its two springs, one from each side of the metal bar and the go down the side and fold in along the bottom and join together in the middle under the cd's, it is not a problem if it pings out because it is very easy to re-connect, you will have to unconnect one side and try not to let it undo then you will be able to acces the cd's, just flex them and they should just pull out, you may need to cut them out (depending wich tray it's in and where the lazer has stopped) just use some scissors, (£10 cd is cheaper than £500 stereo)

reverse process and put back in car, toggle through the empty cd's and the err3 should dissapear and the display that tells you what cd slots are full dissapear.

One is for the aerial connector, the other is the backlight dimmer if your aftermarket stereo has that function

so you mean they go into the new head unit?...what about the aerial connector?

No mate, the blue one (aerial) needs a scotch lock to the thin black cable on the aerial harness in the car. The orange one needs attaching to a circuit that dims, mine is attached to my edfc controller but you could attach it straight to the dimmer switch by the drivers leg.

hmmmf...sounds a bit technical...i thought it would be a simple plug & play operation to bypass amp to now h/u.

hmmmf...sounds a bit technical...i thought it would be a simple plug & play operation to bypass amp to now h/u.

How much simpler can I make it, you plug it in, crimp two wires done :blink:

You don't even need to connect the orange one. Not even the blue one, but if that isn't connect it won't auto tune to stations.

How much simpler can I make it, you plug it in, crimp two wires done :blink:

You don't even need to connect the orange one. Not even the blue one, but if that isn't connect it won't auto tune to stations.

i see what a scotchlock is now...sorry....but are the aerial harness and dimmer wires colour coded or are they obvious?...i wouldnt want to crimp into the wrong ones.

btw would you believe i have a degree in engineering? lol

thanks guys

i see what a scotchlock is now...sorry....but are the aerial harness and dimmer wires colour coded or are they obvious?...i wouldnt want to crimp into the wrong ones.

btw would you believe i have a degree in engineering? lol

thanks guys

Dimmer cable and aerial lead are seperate to all the other cables. Dimmer is orange and aerial lead is blue/white. They are this colur on the ISO lead, but most modern HU colurs are the same

Heres how i connected my aerial lead

dsc00049ws6.jpg

• 4 months later...
i,ve recently purchased a lexus is 200 and the cd player won't eject the cds you can hear the motor working away but will not eject the cd's when you try to play them it comes up error 3 i've tried disconnecting the battery to see if this resolves the problem but to no avail, is there a way to get the discs out other than to send the unit off.

can i get a boot changer that will run off this head unit or can i get the head unit repaired and if so where, i'm led to believe that the is 200 has an amp which is hard to get audio wires to fit aftrmarket units ( to many myths an rumours) somebody must know the answers.

Many thanks Dan

It's really easy to get the cd's out, just a bit of patience and and a small screwdriver. mine did the 'dreaded err3' I took the cd's out and 6months down the line Iv'e had no problems.

lift up and unclip the felt pad above the centre air vents

undo the 2x 10mm bolts

pull firmly the air vents out.

undo the two 10mm bolts that were under there

pul the heater switches out from underneath sliding towards you

undo the 2x 10mm bolts that were behind them

NOW V IMPORTANT, MASKING TAPE up either side the air con unit and the stereo on the dash

lift the stereo and air con out carefully as to not damage the dash

unclip the connectors from the back

undo the the stereo from the side brackets (again bolts and I think they were 10mm if i remember right, about 6 in total) and take off

you will need a small posidrive screw driver

I think there is 2 small screws in the back and side to undo the top metal cover

there is a sring mecanism that clamps the cd trays down, its two springs, one from each side of the metal bar and the go down the side and fold in along the bottom and join together in the middle under the cd's, it is not a problem if it pings out because it is very easy to re-connect, you will have to unconnect one side and try not to let it undo then you will be able to acces the cd's, just flex them and they should just pull out, you may need to cut them out (depending wich tray it's in and where the lazer has stopped) just use some scissors, (£10 cd is cheaper than £500 stereo)

reverse process and put back in car, toggle through the empty cd's and the err3 should dissapear and the display that tells you what cd slots are full dissapear.

Did exactly this today and it was a pain in the bottome. Cleared the problem. Will only be using single cd at a time from now on.

Want to keep the OEM stereo and look for the resale.