Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im Doing It People. Spraying My Lights

sorted vti

well ive just put the first coat of primer on the chrome trim inside the light. really nervous now cos ther is no going back. light housing looks a right mess. just hope it all looks ok when im done.

this is probably not the best time to be doing it aswell, because i dont have the cash to buy new headlights and my corsa isnt on the road due to the headlights not working. so cant mess this up as i wont really be able to use the car if i do.

wish me luck, and il post some pics up when im done!! also spraying the spoiler and light brows so a few mods hopefully completed by the weekend's end!!!

cheers mate.

hahaha, thats the last thing on my mind!!! im probably about be a lot less lighter in the wallet department!!! cheers for pointing it out tho. il change that when ive sorted this modding business out!!!

just put the first coat of black on. must say it looks so good!! if i do say so myself. lol

They'll look great when done, always loved dark headlights on the dark car :)

If it all goes well you could offer it as a service for people who daren't open them up :winky:

hahahaha. u must be kidding!!! im ******** myself and these are my headlights!!! id hate to ruin someone elses. hahaha

if this all goes well then im doing the rears aswell. will paint the whole chrome piece then put diffusing vinyl on the inside of the lens where the indicator is to disperse the orange glow a little. also might have ago at the fogs. but one thing at a time!! lol

will do mate. im sure ul be the next one to attempt this one wont ya :D

black lights on a black car look sweet.

reckon ur car looks wicked mate!!!

Cheers dude :D

The lights are looking good mate! Nice one! Look forward to seeing them on ya car! :P

Thats exactly what i want Neil! How do you do it? put the lights in the oven or something? What paint did you use? I have my old pair of lights i can dismantle!!

There the eyebrows i have, keep them on they look great mate!

What did you do with the orange indicator peices?

yeah i just put them in the oven. not for long. and used a scapel to cut the glue. its real tough stuff and at first ul think it wont come apart. got to make sure the clips are unclipped. i just used grey plastic primer and normal black gloss paint from halfrauds. couple of coats of primer and a couple of black. still havent siliconed them back together. didnt intend on doing the lights. i only bought the paint for the spoiler and light brows. oh well, glad i done it.

yeah il give u a pm if i change my mind about the brows mate!!

Right, started doing mine now, what do you think of spraying the same colour as my car, granite sky?

All you need too do is get the oven preheated at about 100C and bang them in for about 30 secs, glue melts straight away. Not too long tho as the actuall light casing itself starts too deform!

The first pic shows what it was like when i took the lights apart, and the second pic shows what its like after i scraped most of the glue away with a screwdriver.

Anyone one where i can get some clear lenses too replace the orange ones? Neil, where did you get the diffusing vynil from? Any chance i sould have some?

May get some agenl eyes whilst i got them open. Not trying too emulate a BMsh!tW here, but the resale value too someone who does like it :):):)

DSC00189-1.jpg

DSC00188-1.jpg

Rear lights too be done next:D

i had to put mine in the oven for a while. more than 30 seconds and at 250.

well i havent decided on exactly what im going to use yet. might use orange vinyl or might use window frost!! il have to experiment first to see what works best.

the lights havent come out as well as i was expecting. the stone chips and rough surface of the acrylic has defected away from the overall effect of the black internals. they look ok in the day but its worse at night. will try and get some newish lights and put my internals in them!!

DSC00313.jpg

also de horned it while i had the grill off. so had a pretty productive weekend when it came to the car. painted and fitted spoiler. painted brows and lights and made me a vinyl cover for my relay box. also gave it a bit of a wash!!!

stone chips and roughness on what acryllic?why it look worse at night?love the look of your car.just how mine was cept without the trd kit, and my sunstrip is about 2foot down!

Not sure if you've tried it but Brasso works great on the headlights to bring the external up again like new, did it on the IS and on the Aristo and both sets were transformed after a bit of elbow grease with Brasso and kitchen roll!!

yeah i need a lip kit aswell. wheels first tho.

the the acrylic light cover. the clear front part of the light. had a hard life i think, probably lots of motorways so its taken its toll on the lights.

its not as clear as it should be so u cant see the black internals as well.