Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Oil For Is200

• 3 weeks later...

Mobil One

Castrol GTX Magnitec

Question is then, do you go for 5w30 or 10w40.......I ran 5w30 when it was N/A and it was good. Bit tappy but improved mpg and and smoothness.

Now using 10w40 now its S/C.

Guess it depends on how much you wanna spend. Long as you go for at least semi synthetic you'll be ok.

I used 5w/30 Semi-Synthetic Halfords brand. It's the same OE oil that the dealers use only branded differently. Good quality oil.

If anyone is thinking of changing their gearbox oil I would recommend Redline MT-90. Really smooths up the gear change and quietens the box down.

For the diff I use Castrol Hypoy LS. If you've got a Limited Slip Diff make sure you get the right oil, normal transmission oil is not good enough.

Back to the engine oil, all my previous cars I used an engine oil treatment like STP or similar. I found these were great and really made the engine quiter especially when cold, also smoother. I wasn't sure whether or not to use this on the Lexus. Has anyone tried it ?

got my service done at lexus croydon about 2weeks ago.. they used Castrol SLX 5w/30 fully synthetic as that what the recommend for the is200

SLX was, as far as I know created specifically for VAG - it doesn't even state the ACI and specs on the back from memory. It is very good oil, and probably the best out there but there ain't a lot in it now a days.

The new European cars come with 5w30 and the handbook has the histograms with temperature etc

As per Kazi, Mobil1 is excellent stuff, and cheap at Costco if you're member (around £20 for 5 litres at last check) - what the does the 1GIS hand book state?

If anyone is thinking of changing their gearbox oil I would recommend Redline MT-90. Really smooths up the gear change and quietens the box down.

For the diff I use Castrol Hypoy LS. If you've got a Limited Slip Diff make sure you get the right oil, normal transmission oil is not good enough.

This is something i will be doing on next service but want to get prepared, what size bottles do you need or do they only come in one size?

I have an LSD any recomendations?

Do you get these from Halfords or Lex?

For LSD I use Castrol Hypoy LS, seems quite good.

Although I did have to order it from Scotland (for the cheapest deal). When I was I looking for LSD oil no shops or Motor Factors locally stocked the the stuff, only standard diff oil. Some said they could order it in but the prices were stupid.

For LSD I use Castrol Hypoy LS, seems quite good.

Although I did have to order it from Scotland (for the cheapest deal). When I was I looking for LSD oil no shops or Motor Factors locally stocked the the stuff, only standard diff oil. Some said they could order it in but the prices were stupid.

The LSD is a torsion type so doesn't need "special LSD only" oil.... a good gear oil will do

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links