Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is...from Downunder, Mate.

Well i thought i'd come over here to this side and introduce myself!

I'm from Australia and here is my 2000 IS200 sports luxury. In australia the sports luxury means the car comes with a torsen LSD (mt only), half leather trim, two tone dash and sunroof amongst other useless crap! Alot of the dash trim needs replacing anyway, after all the times it has been taken apart...it scratches so danm eaisily.. it kills me.

Anyway, here is the mods list:

2000 model black is200

sport luxury

6 speed manual

34,745km (when i bought it)

Mods to date;

Suspension/Wheels:

TEIN FLEX coilover - so far, in conjuction with trd swaybars the most worthwhile mod to date. Very pleased with the handling. Also has EDFC which means i can adjust dampening inside the car, which is not only onvenient for crappy road, but its very handy for finding which suspension setting works best in which situation

TRD yellows swaybars - keeps the car nice and flat! Nice a still, but a little too stiff in the front end

Custom Black Painted Wheels - keep the car black. DIY job, for about $18 needs to be redone....IN BLACK!!!!!

Rays Te37 in Orange, 17x7.5 +30 - bought from a guy who bought these from serran. Probably almost the best mod i've ever done.

Michelin Pilot Preceda Two - Good tyres

JIC Magic Front Strut Brace - Sharper turn-in but more placebo effect than anything else - rear strut brace soon i hope

OEM 17" 5 spoke, painted black - yep

OEM 16" 7? spoke, painted black - for destroying

Brakes:

Haven't needed to be replaced/upgraded yet

Interior:

Pioneer DVD/CD headunit - great headunit, good sound. Nothing i can fault with this item. Reccommended

Pioneer Standalone Foldout screen - so i can watch dvds while driving :rolleyes:

Hertz HSK165 Front Splits - fantastic addition to the stereo. crystal clear sound....but need a big amp to power them and that will come soon

TEIN Edfc controller - worthwhile addition to the coilovers

Recaro SPA bucket seat 3.1kg!! - kevlar bucket which fits my frame quite nicely....awaiting delivery of rails at the moment. This seat was followed by three, yes three others. And i still havent found the 'right' one.

TRD Duracon White Plastic Gearknob - great bang for buck mod. adds abit of contrst inside the car and makes the shifts feel different.

Recaro SR3 Bucket Seat w/Bride Rail - also a great mod. Sitting nice and low now

Airbag Cloth Interior leather is too nice to destroy

DEFI gauges x3 oil pressure, oil temp, water temp W/ TRD Meter Hood

Apexi RSM with g-sensor and all that other crap

Drivetrain:

OEM Torsen LSD - locks up nice, but a 1.5/2way clutch pack diff with a higher ratio would be nice

JUN 6kg flywheel - more pickup, more noise, less slip. Awsome!

Exedy Sport Organic Clutch w/ clutch cover + pressure plate now tightens up REAL nice. Chirps second gear with almost standard power and GOOD tyres :o - EDIT: but now, needs to be a heavier and grippier package to satisfy me! Higher rated pressure plate would do the trick...

Custom Red Painted Brake Calipers - self explanitory, but its fading now

TRD Short Shift Kit much quicker shifts, much tighter, racier feel :D

Performance: (whats that?)

HKS HiPower (Hyper) Exhaust axleback - improvement in torque and response - and doesnt sound too bad either

Trust Airnix Panel Filter - better response, slightly more torque - less strain on the motor when going up hills - EDIT now a TRD item. This part literally fell to pieces inside the airbox, after 1 year and about 25000km.

HKS radiator cap (omg!!!) - +10kw!!!

Exterior:

Legana(aka Toyota NeoSport) front bar and grille - came with the car, optioned from delivery by none other than lisa. thanks lisa

TRD elegance/Legana skirts/rearbar - again, optioned at the factory to the value of $7k

RS Eyelids - giv ethe car great aggressive look, however lost one on the m4, so i have one only.

Fog To brakelight conversion - JDM yo

JDM Black Headlights - again factory optioned. thanks again lisa

JDM Platinum Silver Inside (NOT CHROME) taillights

PIAA lowbeams - great value mod. Whiter beam, but more light spread which is important at night. i give this mod 9/10

Yellow Parkers

Custom Numberplates - custom black, AL73ZA - now much more aggressive!

de-foglighted - bloody useless and you lose points for them. One broke so they both had to go.

At the moment, its not amazingly quick or anything, but it manages to put a big smile on my face any time i take her for a drive! After a long search through about 30 cars as to which i wanted to buy next, i'm very glad i settled for this one.... i've owned this car for 2 years now. I've still got a few more years of bieng young and stupid before i have to start saving for a house... so watch this space.

Future mods include extractors back exhaust with the HKS cannon (want 100kw ATW), as well as a refresh of the dash trim, chassis stiffening, AMP for the new speakers and eventually a complete respray as soon as i move into a house with a garage!

Soon as the car is up to my standards, then i'll start looking at a custom turbo setup. A friend of mine from a shop called racer's choice in sydney does a turbo kit that will make 250kw at the rear wheels every day, very comfortably. I'm pretty sure this includes everything from the bottom up all forged... so thats the most likely alternative

Anyhow thats me and my car.

Now for some photos:

car6.jpg Thats my car standard. Don't we all love bodyroll?

car8.jpg no centrecaps, no badges on the bootlid

car10.jpg black standard 16"

car11.jpg black standard 17"

artamon4.JPG ***** shot at the tip

artamon0.JPG front on shot at the tip. notice black plates :)

skidpan5.jpg a day at the skidpan. sideways!

skidpan1.jpg same day - sideways again!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks again for the warm comments!

Steve C: Its an original lexus/toyota item. Comes part of the lexus "Legana" body kit pack, consisting of sides, front bar, rear lip and rear bootlid spoiler!

fatpieman: to get ALTEZA in that combination costs $500AUD per annum, the combination i have now costs $100AUD per annum! Besides, only the people that understand what an altezza is can see the combination. I can't imagine having to deal with so many people every day asking what an altezza is :P

I'm in the altezza club of australia, and someone asked me if altezzaclub is for people with altezza tail lights :crybaby:

sorted: thanks, i don't mind the colour either its something different! The wheels look gold because there is a big orange light lighting up the street i took the photo in!

fitted TRD meter hood last night. awsome piece of gear!

skidpan1.jpg same day - sideways again!

I am sure I have also seen this on YouTube.

Looks good mate!

ahah yeah that's me

should have a few more skidpan day videos coming up and a few track day videos. So if an econobox toyota can stick it to some higher power machines!

Looks great, definatly liking that a lot! I find you have to be quite brutal with it on the track etc to get any sort of drifts. Just doesnt quite have the power, what I really need is a turbo! :(

Would love to go arse about in a big open wet area like that you have pictured!

Harry

• 1 month later...
Looks great, definatly liking that a lot! I find you have to be quite brutal with it on the track etc to get any sort of drifts. Just doesnt quite have the power, what I really need is a turbo! :(

Would love to go arse about in a big open wet area like that you have pictured!

Harry

i have found with the lightweight wheels, the flywheel upgrade, the clutch upgrade and takign the spare tyre out its not too hard to get it to really go arse out in the dry, so long as your rear tyres are bald! Especially in rainy england that is the best place to try it :)

A bit off topic but how much difference is there between the read spoiler you have and the TRD one. I like the look of this one more but not sure how much difference height wise there is ????

As far as i'm aware that is the only spoiler toyota make for the car apart from the is300 style one? If there is another version, i've never seen it before

nice car,and i'm lovin those number plates B)

thanks for the kind words :) Only the people who know what an altezza is (not those gay lights) get the number plate. Otherwise it just looks like any other plate :)

Looking good mate, loving the orange wheels on the black car :)

thanks.

i'm going to repaint them all orange, meantime i have a set of buddyclub P1's to go on in the meantime i bought for 650 aussie :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links