Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player

I need some help on this one, I have heard of the error 3 message coming up on the CD player, but mine has an error 1 message.

my car is a IS200 S.E. Auto on a 52 plate top loading CD deck, warranty has run out :tsktsk: . The issue is driving me mad, I'm I looking at getting it repaired and if so how much? and how long will it take? can I get a brand new one from Lexus, if so how much? or should I get a completely new head unit? is fitting easy or is the amp and speakers going to give me probs.

Marx

PS anyone recommend an installer based in either Walthamstow or in south london please Pm me

The ERR1 issue is usually just a dirty lens, dirty discs or condensation on the lens (happens when its cold). Is this happening a lot, or just intermittently? If its just on and off, clean all your CDs and see if that helps.

I've had my headunit replaced under warranty for ERR1, but to be honest it never was a real problem.

If it is actually dead, then a replacement Lexus unit would be ridiculously overpriced - simply get an aftermarket unit and use the new cable that seems to be available on eBay - straightforward plug and play according to other owners

First of all thanks guys for the info, but nothing seems to clear the problem, would you recommend trying for the warranty route or if I decide to get the cable from eBay? what head unit would you recommend and would I be better off with lexus fitting the unit or is it something I could tackle?

I need some help on this one, I have heard of the error 3 message coming up on the CD player, but mine has an error 1 message.

my car is a IS200 S.E. Auto on a 52 plate top loading CD deck, warranty has run out :tsktsk: . The issue is driving me mad, I'm I looking at getting it repaired and if so how much? and how long will it take? can I get a brand new one from Lexus, if so how much? or should I get a completely new head unit? is fitting easy or is the amp and speakers going to give me probs.

Marx

PS anyone recommend an installer based in either Walthamstow or in south london please Pm me

Hi

I would go back to Lexus as they were replacing the head units even after the warranty had expired< good will hey, I aint had much though so far!!!

You could replace easily as long as you can buy a fascia to fill the missing space around the unit. Ive fitted new head uints, amps etc to most of my cars and none have caused an issue yet.

Marx

Hi

I would go back to Lexus as they were replacing the head units even after the warranty had expired< good will hey, I aint had much though so far!!!

You could replace easily as long as you can buy a fascia to fill the missing space around the unit. Ive fitted new head uints, amps etc to most of my cars and none have caused an issue yet.

What brand of head unit do you recommend?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links