Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Help Needed.. Apexi

mAltezza

hi, just fitted my Apexi induction kit, but now the car doesnt run properly. When i floor it, it does run properly and the revs take ages to go up, iv also reset the ecu how i was told to,

Thanks

2515243725.jpg

Did you damage the MAF sensor when you put it back on? What brown thing is still disconnected.

Also get in contact with the guy on this thread he has one fitted. In the meantime go back to your old set-up and see if its back to normal.....

Linky

hi, just fitted my Apexi induction kit, but now the car doesnt run properly. When i floor it, it does run properly and the revs take ages to go up, iv also reset the ecu how i was told to,

Thanks

Did you damage the MAF sensor when you put it back on? What brown thing is still disconnected.

Also get in contact with the guy on this thread he has one fitted. In the meantime go back to your old set-up and see if its back to normal.....

Linky

U dont need to reconnect the brown plug anywhere. Did u block the inlet that is connected to the pipe highlighted in the pic below. You should have gotten a small rubber cap with ur kit. put this on the small valve and cable tie it on

dscn0460edittb7hh4.jpg

And just curious did ur kit come with the carbon pipe? or did u get that seperately? U going to fit the aluminium box too? I think it keeps things a bit cooler for the filter

Thats the brown plug that iv still got disconected, ya i blocked that litl thing on the inlet manifold,

IRLRs200- ya i bought it all seperate, do you have any good pics of yours with the ali box, do you no any1 who will make me a carbon one?

gerbo- i think i probibly will be the air flow meter, but like you said im going to fit the standard air box on 2moro to see if its still the same,

Any1 got a spare air flow meter for sale? Or know where i can get 1?

Thats the brown plug that iv still got disconected, ya i blocked that litl thing on the inlet manifold,

IRLRs200- ya i bought it all seperate, do you have any good pics of yours with the ali box, do you no any1 who will make me a carbon one?

gerbo- i think i probibly will be the air flow meter, but like you said im going to fit the standard air box on 2moro to see if its still the same,

Any1 got a spare air flow meter for sale? Or know where i can get 1?

U can probably get the air flow meter from toyota/lexus dealer. Did u try clean the sensor?

heres a pic with the box fitted:

dscn0500ao3.jpg

Have a few more from different angles if u want, let me know

hi its all on fine, i changed it back to the original air box beforeb and the car runs fine, so then put the apexi back on and it runs like a bag of **** again,

im clean out of ideas,

am i the only one that this has ever happend to?

Does any1 have an Apexi induction kit on there car that they could take some close up pics of maf sensor and ho it sits,

Could it be a difference with the carbon and the alloy kits???

Any1 plz plz help.

hi its all on fine, i changed it back to the original air box beforeb and the car runs fine, so then put the apexi back on and it runs like a bag of **** again,

im clean out of ideas,

am i the only one that this has ever happend to?

Does any1 have an Apexi induction kit on there car that they could take some close up pics of maf sensor and ho it sits,

Could it be a difference with the carbon and the alloy kits???

Any1 plz plz help.

Just an idea...Does the MAF sensor have enough slack to reach the intake pipe on your Apexi. It looks a bit strained in the photo. Maybe something is coming loose

Just an idea is all :duh: :whistling:

Monster Mat, u got any sugestions? any1 else got any ideas?

Really need to get this sorted i'll give £10 to who ever finds whats wrong with it,

seens like iv just wasted nearly £200 on something that made the car worse,

Can any1 plz help me

Maybe the sensor isn't sitting securely enough in the carbon pipe. The pipe that came with mine is steel, and the sensor sits in perfectly, or else there is too much tension on the cable that plugs into the maf sensor and all the pins arent all connected right. I know mine is very tight. Make sure all the hose is on securely on to the filter and inlet pipe

IRLRs200 did you feel a difference when you fitted your filter. Unless its the way the maf sensor sits? dont suppose any1 has a alloy one that i could borrow or hire or even buy?

Prolex do you have any of these?

A bit more pic up in 3rd/4th and a nice grumble!! Think only the apexi pipe will do the job. Is ur pipe not an apexi one? maybe this is the problem.

Another problem is if i take it to toyota, they dont even no what an altezza is, its the only one in jersey,

im not 100% sure but i think its the same sensor as an IS200 so maybe try a Lexus dealer

Unfortunately not... the Altezza has a MAF whereas the IS200 has a MAP sensor.... ;)

If it works fine with the old air box then there is nothing wrong with the MAF sensor, so it must be a leak in the fitting of the induction kit somewhere or maybe because it's carbon fibre your getting some strange turbulence and confusing the sensor.... :unsure:

try fitting the kit again... but put some oil around the couplings.... tape it all up with insulating tape to be sure there is no leaks, if shes sucking in air that the sensor isn't seeeing then it will run like sh!te....

:duh: iv also tryed it without the filter so just the carbon bit, still runs like a bag of ****.

Like you said i think its got something to do with the carbon pipe.

Where did u get it from? ive seen a few of these kits fitted and never seen one with a carbon pipe. Does it have an Apexi stamp on the top of the pipe?? If i wsa you i'd send it back and get an orginal one. Might be selling mine soon. If there is no BHP difference between mine and a standard RS ill return to stock and just drop in a apexi panel filter. The noise from mine is a bit loud sometimes. :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links