Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Is250 Required

Hi everyone,

After weeks of test driving similar cars and reading reviews on both the internet and magazines, I have finally made a decision to purchase a new IS250 with Multi-Media. and I can't wait to get one :D

Anyway, I have been advised to shop around for the best deal, inparticular looking on the interent. I have come across a few places(websites) that offer discounts, but as I am quite new to this, I would much prefere recomendations.

So, have you purchased a new Lexus from a website, which was the cheapest place you found that sold brand new Lexus's (internet or other?), which local dealer offers the best discounts, etc.

I very much look forward to your feedback.

Check out www.drivethedeal.co.uk, register when asked (typo's are allowed) and get a quote in seconds.

Then go to your local dealer and insist that he meets the price, and you walk away with a good deal without having to shop around. If he doesn't, go to a dealer nearby, or better still just call around. From other posts on here you will see that the dealers are trying hard to sell, maybe they haven't quite met their targets.

You should get at least £3100 off the list price, afterall most of them are advertising on that "drivethedeal" website anyway...I did that and it worked straight away!

If you're PEXing, don't let them bore you with the "...we can't give you a big discount and take your PEX..." routine. They normally pass your car through the trade and don't lose a penny on it, or sell it on through their own franchises and make a killing on it. Either way, they never lose on those.

If you like auto's, go for it. Even if you don't like Auto's just test drive it - it is just fantastic. The best shifting auto around, this side of a the new S Class Merc and it has the flappy paddles!! It really is worth the extra £1000, and is more economical then the manual, and only 10mpg or less economical then the diesel.

Also, finance - shop around. If you are funding it yourself, go to Direct lenders, or better still your own bank and haggle over the APR. Most of them, you'll be surprised to see, will haggle slightly to give you the cash.

The dealers will tempt you with good looking deals, but at the end of the day they will apply all sorts of Documentation fees etc, and it does mount up. You should be able to get 5.9 APR or less from most lenders. It really is worth shopping around.

Final piece of advice is that you need to make sure it is definitely the 2007 model that they ae giving you - i.e. the Boot release and fuel release switches are next to each other in the little panel by your right knee - as opposed to on top/below on the older model.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links