Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Carkit Install

I've decided to go for the Parrot system (this one) but wondered if anyone could recommend someone to come and fit the thing.

Looking at the blurb it says "Full Duplex communication, noise reduction and perfect integration with stereo equipment" so hopefully no adapters or mods are required?

I'm working around the Nottingham area for the next few weeks.

Thanks, Rick.

Looking at the blurb it says "Full Duplex communication, noise reduction and perfect integration with stereo equipment" so hopefully no adapters or mods are required?

Well I've just discovered that if the stereo is an "amplified" system I'll get feedback so they won't wire it through the stereo. :angry:

Apparently Autoleads are releasing something in the next couple of weeks to combat this. :)

Does anyone else have a successful install through the standard car stereo that they're pleased with? (Either Nokia cark112 or the Parrot.)

Thanks. Rick.

I had a CARK-91 fitted to an IS200 and the CARK-112 fitted to a Mercedes, neither through the stereo as in both cases I was told they were externally amplified and it couldn't be done (or easily done anyway).

I haven't been happy with the quality of either really, the kit in the Lexus just wasn't loud enough, and although the CARK-112 is louder (and the Mercedes is quieter inside) the audio quality still isn't very good.

I've decided to go for the Parrot system (this one) but wondered if anyone could recommend someone to come and fit the thing.

I'm working around the Nottingham area for the next few weeks.

Thanks, Rick.

I also used to have the Parrott kit - It's possibly the worst car phone kit that I have ever seen or used, it's definitely worth putting in the bin and not putting any where near the Lexus!!

Save your money and if your after something easy to use in the car with Bluetooth get a headset.

Si

What put me off and made me decide on the full car kit is that the headsets have to be charged everyday or every few days. In that sense the car kit is much more convenient and its great the way it works with the phone still in my pocket and connects automatically. I paid £199 for the CARK-112 and that was including installation and VAT.

Bt had to pay 2K for a replacement dask in my 200. They prised the stereo and damaged the silver trim after installing a hard wired system with a concealed fixings bracket.

The feedback on the stereo was serious! :sick:

Plantronics offers a Bluetooth earpeace for around £50 and Nokia are about to launch their own. There rechargeable and i use the std nokia cigarette charger for the earpiece.

Plantronics offers a bluetooth earpeace for around £50 and Nokia are about to launch their own. There rechargeable and i use the std nokia cigarette charger for the earpiece.

Does the Plantronics headsey take the standard Nokia charger? Or is it just Nokia's own headset that does?

I had the Parrot kit (well, 5 to be precise) in the space of 6 months in my old car.

IMHO, it's a hateful piece of kit - really don't bother. You can't hear anything over about 50mph, callers complain about horrible incall quality, the voice recognition only works when parked, eugh.... just no :nuke:

I just bought an HBH-30 headset this time, which is way better.

Well I've definately been put off the Parrot - thanks guys - glad I asked!

I really wanted something to go through the stereo so I could crank up the volume a bit as I know how poor the call quality can be above around 50.

I didn't really fancy a head-set as they appear quite big, cumbersome and heavy (and look pretty stupid) . Is that the case? Or do you not really notice them? I don't think I'm too fussed about charging it.

A company (MCS I think) told me that Autoleads are issuing something in a few weeks to enable the parrot to be wired through the stereo, perhaps that will work for the CARK112? May make it more useable.

What do you think Ricky? If your CARK112 was through the stereo would you recommend it or still not (I appreciate it's hyperthetical).

Thanks again for info. Rick.

I think if it went through the stereo, I would be tempted by the Nokia or Ericsson kit (depending on which phone you have).

However, the Bluetooth headset is very comfortable, has great call quality, and the batteries last ages. I tend to leave mine "off" in the glovebox unless I'm in the car, and it only needs charging every couple of days.

The Ericsson phone and headset charger is the same, so I just have a single 12v charger for both in the car.

Personally - I'd go with the headset (as I have done this time) and wait for someone else to try the speaker integration with a decent Bluetooth kit. The concept of the Bluetooth kit is great, but those little addon speakers are just pants.... (IMHO, obviously!)

A

What do you think Ricky? If your CARK112 was through the stereo would you recommend it or still not (I appreciate it's hyperthetical).

Definitely mate. In fact reading the above comments about the Parrot kit, the Nokia CARK-112 really isn't bad at all and I would recommend it even without going through the stereo, its just that the quality of its own speaker could be better and I was a bit disappointed. I haven't had any complaints from people at the other end but I've never heard it myself.

One good thing about the CARK-112 is that it can be turned up much louder than the CARK-91 which is good, as that was my main criticism with the 91.

The problem with keeping the headset off and in the glove box as mentioned above is that means tumbling around if you got a call. No such problems with the 112 as it automatically connects. I can start the car engine with the phone in my pocket and walk back into the house and it won't loose the connection.

• 4 months later...
Thanks guys. I'll wait a few weeks and see if this lead materialises so I can go through the stereo.

I'll post here with the info. Hopefully it can be retro fitted too.

Rick.

Did you or anyone else get a decent working solution. I'm looking for a Bluetooth handsfree kit for an SC430.

Michael

RYX,

I have a Nokia Bluetooth CARK 112 in my IS200.

I've wired it to mute the radio, when making and receiving calls, and also to work through the front passenger side door speakers (did that coz the sat nav uses the drivers side)

It's quite simple to do...

I would recomend the Nokia Bluetooth kit, it's very clear and has alot of volume adjustment.

RYX,

I've wired it to mute the radio, when making and receiving calls, and also to work through the front passenger side door speakers (did that coz the sat nav uses the drivers side)

I would recomend the Nokia Bluetooth kit, it's very clear and has alot of volume adjustment.

Duncan

any chance of documenting this mate?

I am looking at an Ericsson Bluetooth kit and would love to have it mute the stereo and use the stereo speakers!

I would simply pass your instructions to the person doing it - wouldn't be trying it myself!

RYX,

Duncan

I am looking at an Ericsson Bluetooth kit and would love to have it mute the stereo and use the stereo speakers!

I would simply pass your instructions to the person doing it - wouldn't be trying it myself!

Matthew,

The Ericsson kit is different. You can't get that kit to mute the radio coz the mute wire out of the phone isn't strong enough to trigger the mute relay on the stereo.

So if you can't mute the radio, then you can't run it through the speakers either... Sorry :crybaby:

The Ericsson kit is different. You can't get that kit to mute the radio coz the mute wire out of the phone isn't strong enough to trigger the mute relay on the stereo.

So if you can't mute the radio, then you can't run it through the speakers either... Sorry :crybaby:

:(

ah well - thanks anyway bud

• 3 weeks later...

Look guy's, the best place to get a Car-Kit for any manufacturer is Security World, speak to Liz and she will be able to advise what's best.

I've just had a kit fitted for a Nokia 6310i, hard wired as they say, which automatically mutes the Lexus stereo, but you adjust the volume through the phone and not the stereo.

Up until now they had problems with feedback, but it works a treat. They use their own looms, they have a guy that has been in the industry since year dot, and designed these these leads especially for all Lexus models.

They don't recommend the Bluetooth kits though as they are a bit tetchy, stick to the the Bluetooth headsets, I have one too, and they work perfectly.

They will come to you and fit too.

Cheers........Sharaz :yahoo:

RYX,

Duncan

Matthew,

Matthew,

was thinking you had an IS200 :duh:

You can use the Sony/ Erricson Bluetooth kit on yours, and it will mute the stereo....... sorry.!!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links