Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i phoned my dealer yesterday after sending 2 e-mails and getting no reply after a week to try to get my car booked in for a couple of minor problems to get sorted, i asked if i could get my 5th injector changed to help sort out the poor mpg iam getting, i was told that at the moment they are only offering this if your car breaks down, and that there is a backlog of 5th injectors on order.

so do i hope i break down? or suffer with poor economy

i phoned my dealer yesterday after sending 2 e-mails and getting no reply after a week to try to get my car booked in for a couple of minor problems to get sorted, i asked if i could get my 5th injector changed to help sort out the poor mpg iam getting, i was told that at the moment they are only offering this if your car breaks down, and that there is a backlog of 5th injectors on order.

The 5th injector change makes no differnce to mpg so don't get ya hopes up!!

Harry - my car goes in for the dreaded intermittent Rattle verification, corroding alloys etc. Did you ever get to the bottom of your issues?

Mine had the 5th Injector changeout, the ECU remap and I have found that previously when the car laboured (even slightly) the Current MPG histogram dropped like a lead balloon. Now I see better MPG in many circumstances when I didn't before, and largely you can drive the car in a higher gear. It's bloomin' boring, but mid 30's in town are possible with delicate use of throttle and gearing. This is something my car couldn't manage before.

I would recommend that you get the full suite of changes applied - they are Lexus approved and must do something....we hope!!

It also means that your car is running the latest patches and software - a bit like MS Windows Sp1-3....IYKWIM - and that way any issues you have are "troubleshot" and it should be easier for the dealer to investigate further fuel economy problems...

Harry - my car goes in for the dreaded intermittent Rattle verification, corroding alloys etc. Did you ever get to the bottom of your issues?

Mine had the 5th Injector changeout, the ECU remap and I have found that previously when the car laboured (even slightly) the Current MPG histogram dropped like a lead balloon. Now I see better MPG in many circumstances when I didn't before, and largely you can drive the car in a higher gear. It's bloomin' boring, but mid 30's in town are possible with delicate use of throttle and gearing. This is something my car couldn't manage before.

I would recommend that you get the full suite of changes applied - they are Lexus approved and must do something....we hope!!

It also means that your car is running the latest patches and software - a bit like MS Windows Sp1-3....IYKWIM - and that way any issues you have are "troubleshot" and it should be easier for the dealer to investigate further fuel economy problems...

Hi Jamboo- It was only when i had all of the jets replaced that the mpg increased but the car still needs driving very gently to achieve this. All but my drivers seat has stopped rattling and this fixed every service but starts again a month later!! All 4 alloys were replaced at the 30k service and I expect them to be replaced again before 60k later this year. Other than that on we plod!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys just got back from Lexus Chester

My 220D Se-l just had it's first service £213 :crying: told them fuel consumption was poor they fitted a new 5th injector did a ecu remap at the same time also told them a couple of alloys are bubbling from the inside so a new set of four are on order and i'm waiting for them to be fitted so no complanits here.

They even gave me an RX350 as a courstisy car wow what a motor :P SO a job well done that's if the fuel consump gets better (Watch this space!!).

Cheers all Leddy

Hi guys,

I have been reading about MPG issues etc and yesterday got my car's first service done. The dealer (Lexus Guildford) remapped the ECU and will order the fifth injector if the mpg do not increase....I got the GS450H for the day and that car is out of this world.....you really do feel like you are the king of the road in that car. Its really fast and really heavy on fuel....20MPG to 22MPG was the best it could do but then again you cant help flying that car.......you must try it if you get a chance.

My 06, IS220D SEL seems to have become louder since its gaining mileage (now 10K), don't really know if that is normal or not? Since new it’s been doing max 37MPG so if I do a tank full with around 56Liters I would get Max 520miles to 540miles (if I was really gentle with it). I think I have never got more than 540miles out of my motor..... But on average it would tend to run out of fuel when it’s done 480 to 500 miles.......how about you guys??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links