Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Bulb Mod

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if this would fit my is200, i would like to use it as fog lights by replacing the bulbs with these. Ive got an HID kit already fitted in my headlights 6000k. I thought this might be a good match to use with the fogs thats if i can use them.

http://www.1stautobulbs.com/product.php?ca...o=2&v_no=22

Also if anyone has better or other suggestions them im all ears! :)

Thanks

I have to state that I personally put my rear fogs and give it the middle finger out of my window

when muppets in Corsa's Saxo's or 3 Series Beemers drive on sidelights with Fogs on. Then

normally what happens is that they flash me to pull over, which I then do, and when I get out

of my Lexus looking pretty well :tsktsk: they tend to go drive away very fast.

My only other pet hate is people who seem to know where the Rear Fog switch is when it

gets even slightly foggy, and cant remember what it is the Orange (normally or maybe red)

Illuminated switch is on the Dash etc when visibillity is totally clear.

Rant over, H3 bulbs will not fit the Fogs.

IS200 Bulb info as follows........

Xenon HB4/9006 Dipped

Xenon HB3/9005 Main beam

Xenon HB4/9006 Front Fog

Xenon 501 sidelight

rear stop/tail 580

rear fog 582

reverse 582

number plate 501

INTERIOR FESTOON 31MM

FRONT INTERIOR BA9 - 9mm

Glove Box 286 5mm

my lexus is a 2000 model, V reg IS200 Black SE Auto. Which bulb type would I need to get for my front fog? or which would you recommend?

I dont drive with my fogs on, since they never worked when i got the car, only rear do but even then i dont drive with them on. Just want to make it look good and if i had to use them then would want good quality, nothing yellowy.

I have to state that I personally put my rear fogs and give it the middle finger out of my window

when muppets in Corsa's Saxo's or 3 Series Beemers drive on sidelights with Fogs on. Then

normally what happens is that they flash me to pull over, which I then do, and when I get out

of my Lexus looking pretty well :tsktsk: they tend to go drive away very fast.

My only other pet hate is people who seem to know where the Rear Fog switch is when it

gets even slightly foggy, and cant remember what it is the Orange (normally or maybe red)

Illuminated switch is on the Dash etc when visibillity is totally clear.

Rant over, H3 bulbs will not fit the Fogs.

IS200 Bulb info as follows........

xenon HB4/9006 Dipped

xenon HB3/9005 Main beam

xenon HB4/9006 Front Fog

xenon 501 sidelight

rear stop/tail 580

rear fog 582

reverse 582

number plate 501

INTERIOR FESTOON 31MM

FRONT INTERIOR BA9 - 9mm

Glove Box 286 5mm

IS200's produced from 2003 onwards have H3 bulbs in the foglamps

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i got the bulbs an got my garage to fit them in. The only problem is the conector/bulb holder for the passenger side is different than the rest, is that normal?! The bulb i have will not fit in that holder, its fitted fine on the driver side. Does anyone know where I could get this bulb holder? Or what the part number/ID is? I hope I haven't confused anyone if ive not explained the part right. Its a brown clip thing into which the bulb fits into.

Has your fog lights been replaced before? It should be the same on both sides.

Thanks for all your replies, i figured out what the problem was. I dont wanna say coz im gona feel embarassed now, coz it was something stupid.

thanks guys :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links